The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    well said brad-hank...amen

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cd! View Post
    Sentra is included in this comparison, coz first they are almost at the same price range, and they are all 1.3, maybe sa inyo sa states wala ng corny 1.3 engine for the sentra.
    Well, nissan the brand suffers from bad rep before pa... you know naman how we pinoys are so into the "sabi ni ano.. ganyan daw yan... etc." It's reasons such as pricey parts, questionable quality daw... etc. same thing happened for sometime to mitsu, mazda lalo na korean cars.. but that's not all true. Coming from you who has been in the west its a totally diff. story outside the Phil. huh?. I don't blame you. But It's the N16 that has been in the lemon side of things these past few months for nissan, but it's more of the kalampag story lang naman... Funny thing is I know some who is in the taxi buss. ok namn daw N16 nila (vios and N16 1.3 sentra are used as cabs here). other local nissan cars naman are all good. But it's spot in the Big 3 Japanese car maker worldwide will not be affected, pero dito it is...

Hey buti ka pa nakakita na ng B15!! You drove it? I've heard the B13 and B15 made the biggest impact in the sentra series in the west, tama ba?

As for the choices it will be the li'l Jazz for me.. roomy ha for it's size and good lookin. The sentra also maganda esp. pag black (stock paint) or custom painted..watch out lang for pag napunta sayo yung may kalampag.. ha ha. City and vios, never did like how they look kahit pormahan parang "trying hard" in my personal opinion lang ha, but quality wise esp. the vios is good, city may lemony side din as per some friends who owns the said car.
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    The New look Jazz will come out in Japan late this year, It will be unveiled only at the upcoming Tokyo Motor show. so expected time to arrive in our shores is probably Late 2008 or early 2009. That the earliest. The current jazz came out in the Phil in the middle to last quarter of 2004 but came out in japan in 2002. The new jazz might not immediately come out here probably a 1-2 year wait for the new model especially if the new Jazz will sell like hotcakes in other parts of the world and manufacturing production can't keep up with demand.

So you can get the jazz without worrying about a new model coming out. Plus Honda resale value is solid and very good and expect to sell the Jazz at a better value than if you got a Sentra.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    Just bought a Sentra. Best looking of the lot & I sure don't have problems with the one I just bought. I am happy with it and am using it for relaxed drives. The Hyundai Getz CRDi is a better choice if you are looking for economy, quality, and performance. Forget about resale value... a car is not an investment... when buying one, you should think of economy of operation, fit and finish, as well as the sheer joy of driving it. I'd just buy a Honda Jazz or City for my sister... its such an eyesore, I couldn't care less if she dents it a thousand times or drives it like a bump car as long as she doesn't hurt anyone else.
    Ok... thanks a ton guys!! now I know the local situation here more or less.. I guess. And so I heard resale value of popular compacts such as the Sentra, Lancer, and Mazda 3 are not as good compared to Corolla and Civics here because of reasons like more expensive parts daw.. Hmmm.. Ibang iba nga situation here as compared to the west. The B15 Sentra and Fseries Civic are the compact favorite in the states esp. among tuners in the states.

Sorry guys for the out of topic post, ignorant balikbayan kasi. Thanks for the enlightenment! Among the choices I like the Jazz for it's looks and reliability and the Sentra coz it's compact. D ko nga lang maisip how your big local sentra moves with it's 1.3L engine?!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    folks, let's face it. to some buyer having the most powerful engine, flattest handling or the one with the most feature arent always the most important factor in booking a deal. basta ok ang operation ng kotse, could haul them from point A to B without fuss, cheap maintenance, those kinda stuffs etc sometimes matters the most.
    to all that bought a bnew 2007 Nissan Sentra GX, a lot of those people, can you say that they made a wrong purchase? to each his own lang yan... kung san at ano mas trip mo, yun bilhin mo.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I am facing the same dilemma , I am not sure what to buy with my budget. I trimmed down my choice between Honda City 1.3L CVT , and All New Vios 1.5L G A/T. The price between the two is about 100K.

Pero, looks like VIOS is a better choice after going to Honda and Toyata (alabang). Pero grabe naman ang Insurance sa Toyota, cost P45,905....

1. Can I get my own insurance (not from the dealership)?
    2. Any suggestion which one and a possible quote?
    3. Is it OK to get my own insurance? Will there be any hassle in the release of my car or in the future?

Even the in-house financing has higher rate sa dealer, OK lang ba if I would take care of the BPI leasing myself? Any hassles?

Thanks

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It should be okay.

It's often faster to make a claim if it's in-house, but at that price... what the heck... it's more expensive than what we paid for the XUVi (and that's a 1m car!)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    As for me, ill go for either Jazz or Sentra

Jazz looks cute and economical.

Sentra for ride and safety.

Just to let you know, Toyota, Honda and Nissan are safe bet.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    vios is the best choice for me!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    hei guys, thanks sa lahat ng replies.
    i chose the honda city 1.5 M/T, medyo nagover sa budget, but im cool with in

McLeor - try to huggle with your SA re the insurance. from my recent experience, the first quote was very high. after ilan tawaran, i get a considerable discount sa insurance.

Also, check mo din options mo sa ibang dealers. When i was checking on Toyota Vios, i went to two dealers and compared their quotes. Try mo sa Toyota Pasong Tamo, i can give you the name of the SA who assisted me there. Maayos kausap at maasikaso. Kaya medyo nahiya ko nun sabihin ko, i opted for a honda instead.

And yes, un rate nun in-house financing mataas, pero after ilan tawaran, bumaba din naman un rate. Mas mababa nga pala ang rate ng mga banko.

Basta un lesson learned ko when shopping for a car, check all your options at wag mahiya tumawad at humingi ng freebies at wag magmadali.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    How much is the average yearly maintenance cost ng Honda at Toyota for say the first 5 years? I'm really eyeing Honda dahil maganda talaga ang quality, parang mas solid yung body. Kaya lang ang concern ko kasi is the ABS and SRS which isn't available dun sa 1.3 na model. Plus mahal daw yung maintenance cost.. Totoo ba na aabot ng 7k yung checkup and other prev. maintenance work?

For the vios naman meron ABS and SRS (driver's side nga lang) and cheaper i-maintain. Pero my past car kasi was a 96 corolla and well, sakit niya talaga yung kalampag.

So well, I'm comparing the cost of maintaining the car and the overall quality. Hope you can give your input. Thanks in advance!

Oh and btw, it's the same dilemma for me. City ba o Vios...?

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jing View Post
    hei guys, thanks sa lahat ng replies.
    i chose the honda city 1.5 M/T, medyo nagover sa budget, but im cool with in
    Hi jing! What dealer did you get you're honda city 1.5 M/T? May nakuha kang discount or freebies? (That model is in our list of choices for early next year's purchase, crossing fingers). Thanks much!

Hi Guys! Why is it seem that in the Philippines, no one's posting the fuel consumption of the new Vios (and yes, i have looked around )? And the only review I've read is of Top Gear's article. Mahirap na ba makakuha nito for review at least the mainstream motoring media?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
VIOS or SENTRA or CITY or JAZZ