The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by underseen View Post
    Anu dn advice mu s tatlo sir?

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk
    Never used a rio. So i cant say.

I have 3 vios, the first, second and third generation. It bringa me from point A to point B in relative comfort, is enough for my family of 4 with small kids.

The gen2 vios is 1.3J. The daily heavy traffic nets me anywhere between 11-13km/li using the cheapest taxi fuel available. This is makati to farview and vice versa. Usual PMS costs only about 6K per year using regular oil, serviced DIY or at gas station. The suspension fix was one time and cost about 8k. Had this at the 6th year of ownership. I also had clutch change somewhere 8th year.

Acceleration is so-so. I dont drive fast ao ita okay. Front seat gives me back ache on long drives. Tolerable since i rarely go for long rides.

My sister owns the civic 1.8S. Its fast, consumes gas faster. I love the way the seats hug my back and the fast acceleration. We had the recurring clutch master problem. Clutch master leaks first, then the secondary. The fix is to replace. I think this costs about 8k if i remember correctly. I get around 7-8 km/liter, same route as vios. For some reason, the civic costs a bit more to maintain since it doesnt sound right using the regular oil the vios uses. I love the looks of the civic.

So my verdict: practical car id go with vios.

If i want the extra power and money to burn, i'd get the civic.

Personally, id get the vios (obvious naman, tatlo meron ako), but borrow the civic when i want power.... But since my family is growing, im getting the new innova.... Its diesel too.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Never used a rio. So i cant say.

I have 3 vios, the first, second and third generation. It bringa me from point A to point B in relative comfort, is enough for my family of 4 with small kids.

The gen2 vios is 1.3J. The daily heavy traffic nets me anywhere between 11-13km/li using the cheapest taxi fuel available. This is makati to farview and vice versa. Usual PMS costs only about 6K per year using regular oil, serviced DIY or at gas station. The suspension fix was one time and cost about 8k. Had this at the 6th year of ownership. I also had clutch change somewhere 8th year.

Acceleration is so-so. I dont drive fast ao ita okay. Front seat gives me back ache on long drives. Tolerable since i rarely go for long rides.

My sister owns the civic 1.8S. Its fast, consumes gas faster. I love the way the seats hug my back and the fast acceleration. We had the recurring clutch master problem. Clutch master leaks first, then the secondary. The fix is to replace. I think this costs about 8k if i remember correctly. I get around 7-8 km/liter, same route as vios. For some reason, the civic costs a bit more to maintain since it doesnt sound right using the regular oil the vios uses. I love the looks of the civic.

So my verdict: practical car id go with vios.

If i want the extra power and money to burn, i'd get the civic.

Personally, id get the vios (obvious naman, tatlo meron ako), but borrow the civic when i want power.... But since my family is growing, im getting the new innova.... Its diesel too.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk
    Tnx sir.. Very helpful po.. I think s vios nlng dn po aku.. Mas tipid kasi s gas ang hanap ku.. Panghatid s anak ku tsaka pang oot ndn paminsanminsan..

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Tnx sir.. Very helpful po.. I think s vios nlng dn po aku.. Mas tipid kasi s gas ang hanap ku.. Panghatid s anak ku tsaka pang oot ndn paminsanminsan..

Yung kia rio ba manual? If i were the one choosing id get the rio.. relatively new! Parts are abundant as the vios.. i think its also roomier than the vios.

Parts are easy to source and the car is very reliable.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Yung kia rio ba manual? If i were the one choosing id get the rio.. relatively new! Parts are abundant as the vios.. i think its also roomier than the vios.

Parts are easy to source and the car is very reliable.
    Matic po xa sir.. Sure ka ba sir d pahirapan ang parts neto? May nag comment dn po kasi na mahirap daw hanapin..

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    All things equal, I will choose the Vios...

BUT, they are 3 different cars... Not commenting/voting for the Rio as I have no idea kung available parts nya.

Civic is more than 10 years old.
    Vios is a bit younger

Kaso magkaibang tao naman gumagamit ng Civic and Vios... In reality, baka twice ang mileage na tinakbo ng Vios compared to the Civic (baka lang)

Then the Civic has a better engine... Kahit bawasan mo ng konti power nya (thanks to its age) mas maayos pa din itatakbo nya compared sa Vios.

Higher chance din na better maintained yung Civic.

In buying a used car, palagi kong tinitignan yung background ng previous owner... Driven ba daily yung car? may maayos ba na garage? may iba pa ba silang kotse?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Matic po xa sir.. Sure ka ba sir d pahirapan ang parts neto? May nag comment dn po kasi na mahirap daw hanapin..

you can even buy parts for that in lazada.. assuming regular use lang at hindi yan nabaha.. wala ka maging problem dyan..

although the civic is a better car, but its age might be take its toll resulting in more repairs..

also take advantage of its "low resale value" you get a new model for the same price of 10 year old H brand.

for kia may specialty shops like Fronte and Goodgear that cater to replacement and oem parts. replacement parts are also cheap.

7. Join Date
    May 2010

Parts availability depends a lot on your location. I suggest you ask around local shops in your area. Pero kung willing ka naman bumiyahe parts availability should not be an issue.

Reliability and maintenance wise, the vios and the civic fd should be neck to neck.

Practical folks choose the vios, kung gusto mo medyo may appeal then choose the civic.

Kia, I have no idea as wala pa akong kakilalang nag-kia recently hehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    2012 na vios sa 2007 na civic..

malaki agwat ng edad.at malaki din diperensya ng kain ng gasolina..

sa vios kana kahit sa 300k pwedeng pwede na mura pa pyesa nyan kumpara sa honda..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12