New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Not sure about the Tucson's ride quality, it might be comparable to the Santa Fe's , not sure though. And btw, you sure about the tucson? 2010 is a little bit near, better yet wait for the iX, it might be out sometime next year.

Among the three you're right, altis has the best ride quality. Even the previous altises has great ride quality ( I think toyota wants to retain this ) .

Avanza G has also great spacing capacities. Sir meledson carried 9 people into his avanza if i`m not mistaken. It was posted somewhere here in tsikot before.

Anyways, aren't you afraid of submerged units ?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Among the three you're right, altis has the best ride quality. Even the previous altises has great ride quality ( I think toyota wants to retain this ) .

Avanza G has also great spacing capacities. Sir meledson carried 9 people into his avanza if i`m not mistaken. It was posted somewhere here in tsikot before.

AND
    if constrained (or spoiled) with too much comfort for a very long time, no doubt Altis is the top pick.

If not, Avanza is my choice (more practical use). As mentioned, it can carry more, has larger interior space once the third row seat is folded down...and higher ground clearance to tackle our normally flooded streets.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^^ But as far as I remember, he will just be alone driving most of the time but as per him, sometimes add'tl 2 passengers will board the car.

So total it up is 3pax only. The altis would be the best pick among the three. I don't know why did he include avanza in his list.

LeOxe ::
    Are there any addt'l passengers that might ride onto your car someday ?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    btw, you sure about the tucson? 2010 is a little bit near, better yet wait for the iX, it might be out sometime next year.
    -> the Tucson IX may be too expensive

-> NO for the Tucson because they're yet to be delivered from Korea. As of now, they have no stock for the 2009 Tucson according to a Hyundai SA.
    -> YES to the other models out there.

LeOxe :: Are there any addt'l passengers that might ride onto your car someday ?
    -> no additional passengers in the near future.
    -> we just love the Avanza's high ground clearance & practicality space-wise.
    Last edited by LeOxe; October 1st, 2009 at 09:06 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by LeOxe View Post
    -> the Tucson IX may be too expensive

Surely it will be. Rough estimate would be 1.1 to 1.2 million.

-> NO for the Tucson because they're yet to be delivered from Korea. As of now, they have no stock for the 2009 Tucson according to a Hyundai SA.
    -> YES to the other models out there.

Oh. Well, just make sure to pick the right dealer....meaning, dealer at higher places.

-> no additional passengers in the near future.
    -> we just love the Avanza's high ground clearance & practicality space-wise.
    The vios' ground clearance is 150mm

The avanza's ground clearance is 200mm

Not sure about the altis.

Oh by the way, wont you consider the mazda 3?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    AFAIK, the ground clearance for the Altis is 155mm & the Tucson about 195mm.
    the mazda 3 is priced just right but quite a gas guzzler so a big NO NO.

OT: online ako, online ka na rin

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    So avanza has the highest ground clearance among the three. Get the tucson, it doesn't get so much difference anyway.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    yes. the 5mm difference is not that big of a deal. plus the tucson is already a compact SUV.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Well for practicality's sake, if you're going to get the avanza ( just IF. ) get the dark grey one. Very Rare. ;)

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    i will definitely get the dark gray one "IF" we will be getting the Avanza.

From Autofocus tally:

COMPACT SUV
    BRAND MODEL Total Votes
    1st Hyundai Tucson 5717
    2nd Honda CRV 4423
    3rd Mitsubishi Outlander 2518

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Vios G/S -or- Altis G -or- Avanza G