New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mackvil View Post
    Actually for the altis 1.6G A/T, Toyota Alabang quoted me 854,000 less 30,000 wiith free insurance and lto registration.. mukhang ok na ito! Though no speed sensing lock model pa yung 854k pero ok na rin.. yung new model kasi 859k na tapos 15k discount lang.....
    uy. nice deal na yan....insurance is already more than 20k na...
    eto na kunin mo. altis ka pa.... hehehehe.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolHack View Post
    If you are an audiophile then you will be changing the audio system anyway.

Go for the Honda City 2009.

IMO I find the centered meters (odo, speedo, etc) in the Vios ugly and bothersome. Such designs I guess would make it easy and cheaper to adapt the car to RHD from LHD and vice versa. But then why would you want it? This caters to Toyota's need, not yours.

And lastly .... look at these good cars but share a stigma; KIA Rio, the Hyundai Accent, the Nissan Sentra, Toyota Avanza and Vios, etc .... taxi....taxi po......
    If your are an audiophile do not choose Vios. Medyo mahirap humanap ng HU na sakto or even close sa measurements ng default HU nila.

We have the 2nd gen vios and I do share the same feeling of getting bothered by the centered meters. However, SANAYAN lang pala... It has an advantage of course that's why nilagay yan ng Toyota diyan. They won't put it there for no reason (since they spend much on their r&d). Let's put it this way... If all cars used to have centered meters and one car manufacturer decided to be different by placing theirs on either the left (for lhd) or right (rhd), this would be the same reaction (of the majority?)towards the new design. Am I right?

That stigma that you mentioned is VERY true among us Filipinos. Pag nakita mong ipinanTAXI ung model ng isang auto, tingin ng karamihan, cheap na! I find it very immature to think that way. Try to go to other countries like Singapore and Germany, makikita mo ung ibang taxi nila Mercedes Benz (mahal nga lang ung flag down compared to other taxi models - I spent 40SGD parang glorietta to trinoma lang ung binyahe ko).

IMHO, mas makikita ang performance and reliability ng isang sasakyan kapag merong model na pwedeng ipangTAXI. Since most of the taxis in the metro are not undergoing periodic maintenance pero tumatagal pa rin (di ba amazing! hehehe!). Another advantage of which is the availability of spare parts. Branding/strategy lang ng Honda ung "the Prestigious" kaya hindi nila ipantataxi ung mga sasakyan nila. But mas prestigious ba ang Honda na BAWAL ipantaxi compared to BMW or MB? I have no intention to offend anyone. Just my two cents! Peace!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Vios 1.5 G A/T = Php775,000.00 less Php 20,000 (last month's promo). = Php 755,000.00

City 1.3 S AT = PHP 756,000.00

COROLLA ALTIS 1.6 G A/T = Php 859,000.00

Bet City and Vios, I'm satisfied with the Vios. But for better value (and if one can afford it), the Altis G 1.6G. Even the Altis E M/T (Php774,000.00) is good enough. Last month I inquired, the dealer was offering Php 30,000 for the Altis.

We got our Vios 1.5G M/T last Dec. Php 730,000.00 less Php 30,000 + free insurance + free registration (lahat naman ata) + free 3m tint + undercoat + umbrella, keychain, floor mats. Daming binigay ng ahente kasi naghahabol ng quota! Of course from the Best toyota dealer... Toyota Otis!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Actually for the altis 1.6G A/T, Toyota Alabang quoted me 854,000 less 30,000 wiith free insurance and lto registration.. mukhang ok na ito! Though no speed sensing lock model pa yung 854k pero ok na rin.. yung new model kasi 859k na tapos 15k discount lang.....

That should be a good deal for an Altis now.... However, I do not like the looks of the current Altis. Para bang pinaluwa lang ang mga ilaw vs. the previous model.... Also, have not seen a lot of the current Altis on the roads....

7606:mobile1:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mukhang dapat mga before end of the month na ako kumuha ah... para ibigay na lahat ng free kasi naghahabol ng quota....

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    we have vios 1.5 g a/t. it was the first vios on our city back then. ok naman lahat. affordable pa.. ang ayaw ko lang eh pag nakakakita ako ng mga taxi at police vehicles na vios..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchet23 View Post
    we have vios 1.5 g a/t. it was the first vios on our city back then. ok naman lahat. affordable pa.. ang ayaw ko lang eh pag nakakakita ako ng mga taxi at police vehicles na vios..
    Actually, I have no complains naman in my 1st Gen Vios 1.5G... actually, the very reason why I want to change my car is I want an A/T car already... My 1.5G is M/T only.... traffic sucks in the metro especially now that the gas prices are low....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    FYI, I end up buying Altis 1.6 G A/T :D

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I would vote for the City sana!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    FYI, I end up buying Altis 1.6 G A/T :D
    Mas OK yang Altis. The newer Vios has that dumb gauges and meters placed at the center of the dashboard. Perhaps the dumbest thing to do since standard na sa cars na sa harap ng steering wheel dapat ang mga gauges. Even BMWs and Mercedes do this in front of the steering wheel and it has nothing to do with prestige. Nilalagay ata sa gitna yan para pwede LHD or RHD. Para madali sa Toyota. And no offense but some people call this innovation? quality? OMG!

Plus indi ka paparahin ng tao (taxi....taxi po....). Again this also has nothing to do with quality. This has all to do with Vios being cheap and parts easy to come by.

Sa porma pwede makipag mano-y-mano Altis to a Honda.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Vios 1.5G A/T or New City 1.3S A/T