New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Innova is certainly higher class than the Avanza. The Avanza is cheap and tinny, and while I would recommend it for a utility service due to the good space, as a personal car to keep for ten years, no.

A Vios should serve well, but I don't like the 1.3 AT combination. 1.5 AT is fine.

The Innova gas model should meet all your requirements. Well-screwed together. We have a few old Innova gas services and they still run fine despite the abuse (better than the diesels.. [/super-troll]), and the only extra stuff you have to watch out for is keeping the differential and rear bearings lubricated... as with all rear-drivers.

Check the tires. On variants wearing the new A-Drive tires, I feel that the ride is infinitely better than on the ones wearing A-Specs. I think it has something to do with the more car-like tread and softer sidewalls of the A-Drives.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

As soon as dear wifey drove our Innova (she was driving our Gen3 Starex earlier, but not its younger monster brother now),- she prefers it over our car....

Now, she's telling me,- no more car purchase, please....

17.6K:santa:

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    This I gotta see. For my daughter actually.
    Her choice: Avanza. Cute. Not as big as Innova. Compared to a sedan, has more space to carry all her things
    and "barkadas" on weekend "gimiks". My say: Weekends, yes. But not everyday is weekend.
    BTW, Avanza's FC is not so good based on car reviews and owners feedback.

My choice: Vios. The TRD actually. Price is the same as the Avanza 1.5G A/T. I haven't tried yet the TRD, never
    seen one either, not even in the showrooms. Just saw some pics from the web. Hey, it's NEW!!! For her daily
    ride, I'll take even the tried and tested non-TRD. Her say: Yeah! Weekend basketball games, Like Michael Jordan
    driving a car filled with his Pinoy basketball team. Five "Daguls" and a muse named "Mahal".

The Gurus above have already shared precious drops of fuel. Take it easy on the throttle.
    You'll end up choosing the best ride. Good Luck.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks everyone. I'll scratch the Avanza off the list.

It's a choice between the Vios 1.3 G A/T or Innova 2.0 J M/T. Is the innova really worth the price difference? I'll use it about once a week going home to Laguna (about 80 km one way). Will the ride be rougher than the Innova E or G? Or everything is the same except for the additional features?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Will the ride be rougher than the Innova E or G? Or everything is the same except for the additional features?
    The underpinnings would be the same (I assume). Difference would be the "features" inside. My take is that as long as the AC is cool, comfy seats, good or average sound quality coming out of the stock radio, am all for it. The lesser the things go bonkers down the road, the better.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Between the Innova and Vios, you'd still choose the Vios? I already have an Altis pala.

OT: How can I edit my thread title? I am having problems editing even my posts. My typo error is really annoying me.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Brought an Innova 2.5J to Fuego a few weeks back. My only gripe was the lack of power windows and central locking. When it comes to ride comfort though, it's great and certainly better than other AUVs, as well as its smaller brother, the Avanza (ang tagtag ng gen1 Avanza). There's aux-in so you won't get bored in your long trips, something I can't say with our pre-facelift Altis.

Since you already have an Altis, I don't see the point of the Vios anymore

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Since you already have an Altis, the more logical choice is the Innova. The Altis can be used for daily economy routes while the Innova can used for the occasional utilitarian purposes. I personally will not consider the Avanza (unless its a choice bet. Vios 1.3 base or Avanza 1.3 J).

The only thing I'm annoyed with the Innova is that it allows outside smoke smell to enter the inside cabin through the secondary passenger aircon which has an opening on the right rear of the vehicle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Vios 1.3 G A/T, Avanza 1.E G A/T or Innova 2.0 J Gas M/T