New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    so what do we do to those who don't own the car and yet want to say something? stone them?
    how do we find out that they actually do not own such car?
    ..point is, a rule that is not enforceable, should be discarded.
    sooo.. balik na lang tayo sa regular thread style...?? everyone welcome?
    heh heh.
    Obviously, wala. Kanya kanya na yan. Pero paalala lang sana sa mga epal jan na walang magawa kundi magawa kundi mag bigay ng critique when they really don't have anything better than what they are criticizing, limit yourselves to comment about what is obvious -- like looks. We are all entitled to that. For all the other aspects of a car that you don't have shut the F up. Wala kayong mga credibility. Baka mas bulok pa kotse niyo sa mga kotseng nilalait niyo. Talo niyo pa totoong mga naka euro cars, rational and factual.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by turboride View Post
    Talo niyo pa totoong mga naka euro cars, rational and factual.
    oh.. euro cars can actually confer that on their owners? heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 21st, 2012 at 06:25 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    sori. double..

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    oh.. euro cars can actually confer that on their owners? heh heh.
    Sorry pare di ko nagets tanong mo. Just saying that Euro Cars owners I know (and even those in this forum) really don't bash. They give their honest opinions -- but they don't or seldom bash. Kung baga naka Panerai/AP na sila pero di nila nilalait mga naka Tag/Oris. Credible. At least maybe dumaan din sila sa Oris. Eh yung mga epal -- kahit Gshock di makabil ang lakas malait.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i have seen rogues (o sige.. outright pirates) in armani, ferragamo, roger dubuis, and euro land yachts.. and i have seen perfect gentlemen in kia prides, lives, seimo, and ang tibays.
    cars do not make the man..
    ganyan lang talaga sa internet posting.. you can never adequately screen the participants. what you have to learn, is to discriminate what is real and what is balderdash. and this is where the rest of the public comes in. thru sheer volume (because i believe people are inherently good), it will slowly seep into the reader what is true and what is fiction.
    yes, we probably have this problem in automobile sites. but this is all in good sport. yes, it's actually fun! you share ideas with other like-minded fellows!
    you think it's bad here? you should try the so-called scientific sites!

now let's click the keyboards and have fun!
    Last edited by dr. d; September 21st, 2012 at 06:54 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    The "owners thread" may answer some questions on the particular vehicle but the talk goes somewhere else and the thread becomes so long it takes a while to sift to the "right" information one is searching.

"Product" review. One may concentrate on his/her personal take on the vehicle's exterior shell, the interior ambiance, the engine bay design, the ergonomics and seating arrangement, or the suspension and driving mechanics. And as Niky said "the dirty little secrets" of the car.

Or maybe will just call it a "used" car thread.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Obviously, wala. Kanya kanya na yan. Pero paalala lang sana sa mga epal jan na walang magawa kundi magawa kundi mag bigay ng critique when they really don't have anything better than what they are criticizing, limit yourselves to comment about what is obvious -- like looks. We are all entitled to that. For all the other aspects of a car that you don't have shut the F up. Wala kayong mga credibility. Baka mas bulok pa kotse niyo sa mga kotseng nilalait niyo. Talo niyo pa totoong mga naka euro cars, rational and factual.
    Are you kidding? There are some owners of euopean cars who sneer down at anyone not at their level. There are jerks in any group of owners.

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Are you kidding? There are some owners of euopean cars who sneer down at anyone not at their level. There are jerks in any group of owners.

Thats pretty obvious. Simply saying that its better to get feedback from those who have something better than those who dont have any. I believe a percentage of those who have expensive cars worked for it unless youre a dirty politician or a rich brat. Baka yan yung mga nag ssneer down on asian made cars.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004

Thats pretty obvious. Simply saying that its better to get feedback from those who have something better than those who dont have any. I believe a percentage of those who have expensive cars worked for it unless youre a dirty politician or a rich brat. Baka yan yung mga nag ssneer down on asian made cars.
    So just because your car costs more, you more likely paid for it?

Many taipans ride around in non-descript Japanese sedans. Camries. Many take vans, even.

In the Philippines, where even the cheapest BMW costs more than most condos, many people buy European cars simply as a status symbol. Typically new wealth will buy a new BMW or Mercedes. Those who worked hard for their money will typically not go for something ostentatious, but will save the capital for something else.

Then you get to the internet... where most owners who post are in their 20's and 30's.

Who in their 20's and 30's have BMWs or Mercs? Siyempre... rich kids.

Whereas someone in their 30's who drives a Toyota or a Honda is more likely to have paid for it with their own money. Or not. Given our economy, most of those are still rich kids.

This is not to say that they're all like that, but it is what it is.

There are jerkholes at every price level who will sneer down at people who can't afford what they have. Limiting a discussion by economic group isn't going to make it any more civil. Just go to a Bimmer or Porsche board overseas to see for yourself. And some of those guys know dip about their own cars.

Best advice is given by people who truly appreciate their cars and put time and hard work into understanding them. I've met car gurus who own $100,000 cars and lend their help out to those who need it, and car gurus who drive around in POS Php 100,000 cars and know them inside and out because they get their hands dirty keeping them together.
    Last edited by niky; September 24th, 2012 at 02:55 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    So just because your car costs more, you more likely paid for it?

Many taipans ride around in non-descript Japanese sedans. Camries. Many take vans, even.

In the Philippines, where even the cheapest BMW costs more than most condos, many people buy European cars simply as a status symbol. Typically new wealth will buy a new BMW or Mercedes. Those who worked hard for their money will typically not go for something ostentatious, but will save the capital for something else.

Then you get to the internet... where most owners who post are in their 20's and 30's.

Who in their 20's and 30's have BMWs or Mercs? Siyempre... rich kids.

Whereas someone in their 30's who drives a Toyota or a Honda is more likely to have paid for it with their own money. Or not. Given our economy, most of those are still rich kids.

This is not to say that they're all like that, but it is what it is.

There are jerkholes at every price level who will sneer down at people who can't afford what they have. Limiting a discussion by economic group isn't going to make it any more civil. Just go to a Bimmer or Porsche board overseas to see for yourself. And some of those guys know dip about their own cars.

Best advice is given by people who truly appreciate their cars and put time and hard work into understanding them. I've met car gurus who own $100,000 cars and lend their help out to those who need it, and car gurus who drive around in POS Php 100,000 cars and know them inside and out because they get their hands dirty keeping them together.
    Medjo naliligaw ata tayo boss niky. Ang point ko lang is that when you want reliable information, you should get it from the right sources -- and ideally it would be owners and people who are "professionals" in the industry. Now, if you get information from neither of the two, all things being equal, i would rather get it from someone who might have owned it, or someone who has the capacity to own it, or owns something better of a kind INSTEAD OF someone who owns something less of a kind or does not own anything at all and is also not a car mechanic, guru, etc. Kung wala kang choice, siguro naman kung sa kotse, mas gusto natin makakuha ng info sa taxi driver kaysa sa tricycle driver all things being equal. Kung mag ttravel ka at wala kang kakilalang resident, most probably, you get more credible info from someone who has travelled the region than from someone who has not travelled at all. Choosing the lesser evil ba..

Sadly, ang daming ganyan sa tsikot (mga epal) and it just confuses readers. They contribute nothing but noise. Nakakaawa naman mga readers. I am not saying basta may merc or bmw ka, pwede ka na umepal anytime. Just saying na talo pa ng mga ibang epal na posters ang mga naka euro kung mag comment. I understand this is a forum pero if people don't have anything credible or sensible to say and nag cocomment lang para mag patawa, dun na lang sila sa pinoyexchange. I Believe the car comparisons thread was not intended for amusement. Personally, i have never given any bad feedback about a car i did not own even on the first car forums in the late ninetees (kotse/ai, etc) -- just opinions written as opinions. Can't expect that from anyone too. Sa tingin ko, the TS puts out a good idea to have car reviews be participated by owners or ex owners if that can ever be ensured/enforced.*

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast