New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    the 2.0 liter forester would be nice, since the 2.5 turbo is just way out of the threadstarter's budget (1.2-1.3m)

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    thank you mga sirs...it looks like the monty sport is winning out. I suggested the subaru kay dad earlier but he said there were lots sa saudi(where he works) and a lot of people seem to complain about it, i don't know.. and the forrester is too meek for his taste ata. no offense to all the fort owners but i'm trying to convince dad to choose the monty over the fort. Kasi, I don't really want a matagtag ride. And i've read a lot of complaints about the fortuner's interior "cheap-looking", the steering not responsive enough, and funnily, all the people i know who's HAD the fortuner has been in accidents. Kaya HAD is because their cars ended up being inpounded=/ Maybe it's just me though. But can anyone tell me about the downsides of the monty? Parang wala pa akong nababasa kasi. Like, ung aircon ok ba? hahaha! malamig ba?init sa pinas eh! is the interior ok? comfy talaga? and maintenance niya?i heard diesel engines are high maintenance. is this true with the 4x2's engine? And, ano po difference ng 4x4 sa 4x2? masisira ba po siya kagad kapag 4x2? take note po i'm not looking for power. Maybe i just need something to get myself to baguio occasionally. but other than that, di ko aman siya pangkakarera^^. Oh take note that this is my first car by the way. and i'm a newbie female car enthusiast. so, that'll probably explain why i ask a lot of questions^^ Sorry po!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Downside you ask? Very ugly back, unang tingin ko pa lang I yun una kong complaint. It resembles a Fusion a lot although mas malapad lang and the tali lights slightly raised but from afar it really looks like a Fusion in other words ugly... Other downsides I can think of is the very noisy engine, noisy for a common rail kala mo old school diesel pa rin. Mas maingay engine nya kaysa Fortuner. Bwisit nga kapitbahay namin may 4X4 GLS SE na MS when they try to heat up the engine in the morning nagigising ako sa ingay kala mo dumating na yung water delivery truck...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I suggest you test drive:

1. Santa Fe (diesel crdi vgt)
    2. Montero Sport (diesel Di-D)
    3. Outlander (petrol)
    4. CRV (petrol)

good luck

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by orangepedicab View Post
    thank you mga sirs...it looks like the monty sport is winning out. I suggested the subaru kay dad earlier but he said there were lots sa saudi(where he works) and a lot of people seem to complain about it, i don't know.. and the forrester is too meek for his taste ata. no offense to all the fort owners but i'm trying to convince dad to choose the monty over the fort. Kasi, I don't really want a matagtag ride. And i've read a lot of complaints about the fortuner's interior "cheap-looking", the steering not responsive enough, and funnily, all the people i know who's HAD the fortuner has been in accidents. Kaya HAD is because their cars ended up being inpounded=/ Maybe it's just me though. But can anyone tell me about the downsides of the monty? Parang wala pa akong nababasa kasi. Like, ung aircon ok ba? hahaha! malamig ba?init sa pinas eh! is the interior ok? comfy talaga? and maintenance niya?i heard diesel engines are high maintenance. is this true with the 4x2's engine? And, ano po difference ng 4x4 sa 4x2? masisira ba po siya kagad kapag 4x2? take note po i'm not looking for power. Maybe i just need something to get myself to baguio occasionally. but other than that, di ko aman siya pangkakarera^^. Oh take note that this is my first car by the way. and i'm a newbie female car enthusiast. so, that'll probably explain why i ask a lot of questions^^ Sorry po!
    Diesel engines require no more maintenance than petrol engines. As a plus, they don't have sparkplugs that need to be replaced every now and then. Oil changes lang usually ang kailangan.

These new diesel engines are also far from their predecessors in terms of power and torque. For climbing baguio, the 2.5 liter crdi engines of the everest and montero, as well as the 2.2 liter crdi powerplant of the santa fe are more than adequate (should be. naturally aspirated diesels have no problem chugging up baguio).

The 2.5 liter D4D of equipped on the fortuner, however, has less output than those mentioned above (102hp vs. 140++hp).

a 4x4 system will require more maintenance than a 4x2 - there are more moveable parts that might break, in addition to having a slightly higher fuel consumption. In this case, the 4x4s for the aforementioned SUVs (eve, monty, fort), have larger displacements, which also contribute to the poorer fuel economy.

The updated fortuner supposedly has a more comfortable ride. but the MS remains king in terms of comfort among the pickup-based SUVs.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    The interior of the MS 2.5 is no better than Forts. The seats are not leather like the forts. And there are complaints on the servicing cost in Mitsubishi casas.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1244002

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I think you should decide first what type of engine you need Gas or Diesel? Read gas vs diesel thread...

Decide how big your car should be is it 5 or 7 seater, and the space...

Is resale value important to you? If so you must consider this also...

Decide if you really need an SUV, if you don't need 4x4 (all terrain vehicle) then you don't need SUV, get a sedan instead or an MPV/AUV for bigger seating capacity...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I own 2.7Gas Fortuner & I dont think its that matagtag as others would suggest. Now if you compare the comfort of SUV againts that of a sedan then its a different story, however, if comparing the comfort of only SUV's I dont thinks there would be any major difference. Just like what others suggested try to identify what is your primary concern when buying then streamline your selection using that criteria.

Also visit http://fortunerclub.net.ph/ it would help you a lot if you want to know more about Fortuners.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Downside you ask? Very ugly back, unang tingin ko pa lang I yun una kong complaint. It resembles a Fusion a lot although mas malapad lang and the tali lights slightly raised but from afar it really looks like a Fusion in other words ugly... Other downsides I can think of is the very noisy engine, noisy for a common rail kala mo old school diesel pa rin. Mas maingay engine nya kaysa Fortuner. Bwisit nga kapitbahay namin may 4X4 GLS SE na MS when they try to heat up the engine in the morning nagigising ako sa ingay kala mo dumating na yung water delivery truck...
    okay naman ang likod ah and regarding the ingay, what would you expect from the 3.2 displacement? it's the mighty 4M41 commonrail turbo diesel

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    That's my opinion, just respect it! If nagagandahan ka di kita kokontrahin... For the record marami din napapangitan sa likod ng MS and I am not alone.

As for the noise iba talaga ingay ng Montero parang old school sa ingay. The Fort is only down 200cc pero iba talaga yung clanking sound nya maingay talaga...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
value for money?Toyota Fortuner 2.7 gas variant/honda crv at 2.0 LI