New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Toyota fortuner 2/7 gas variant/Honda crv AT 2.0
    My family is planning to buy an SUV. Budget is around 1.3-1.4m
    Which car is better in terms of value for money?
    Consider po gas consumption, and maintenance cost po sana mga sirs.

And if you happen to know po, magkano kaya nagagastos ng each vehicle sa gas? Coming from Alabang to La Salle Dasmarinas via daang hari?

I've been trying to talk them into buying a sedan nalang but we're 5 in a family and lahat kami full-grown adults na^^. parang di na daw bagay sedan samin if we were to fit in all and kung aakyat daw sa baguio with heavy load. SABI NILA. I think the Honda Civic/Corolla Altis would be enough for us though. ano po sa tingin niyo? pakicompare na din po fuel consumption nitong dalawang sedan and maintenace cost. and how much din po magagastos ko if i were to travel to my school^^.
    and kung may masusuggest pa po kayo na vehicle na pasok sa budget and better sa value for money,go ahead. thanks mga sirs!

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    paki-add na nga po pala ung montero sport gls 4x2 gas sa comparison. ^^ ty

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by orangepedicab View Post
    Toyota fortuner 2/7 gas variant/Honda crv AT 2.0
    My family is planning to buy an SUV. Budget is around 1.3-1.4m
    Which car is better in terms of value for money?
    Consider po gas consumption, and maintenance cost po sana mga sirs.

And if you happen to know po, magkano kaya nagagastos ng each vehicle sa gas? Coming from Alabang to La Salle Dasmarinas via daang hari?

I've been trying to talk them into buying a sedan nalang but we're 5 in a family and lahat kami full-grown adults na^^. parang di na daw bagay sedan samin if we were to fit in all and kung aakyat daw sa baguio with heavy load. SABI NILA. I think the Honda Civic/Corolla Altis would be enough for us though. ano po sa tingin niyo? pakicompare na din po fuel consumption nitong dalawang sedan and maintenace cost. and how much din po magagastos ko if i were to travel to my school^^.
    and kung may masusuggest pa po kayo na vehicle na pasok sa budget and better sa value for money,go ahead. thanks mga sirs!
    The fortuner may be the more durable, given the rigid rear suspension. But the CRV will be the more comfortable vehicle.

The 2.7 liter gasoline engine of the fortuner is NOT economical. Light-footed driving in the city gives around 6-7 km/liter (I've driven one. Wag mo nalang tingnan yung MID kung ayaw mo makita in real time yung takaw nito)

Look around the forums regarding the FC of the CR-V.

In terms of maintenance, the Honda PMS is more expensive, but is given only every 10,000 km, and not every 5,000 as per toyota. In the C! magazine comparison between the honda jazz and toyota yaris, the overall maintenance cost (for 100,000 km) of the jazz was lower than that of the yaris, due to this 10,000 km interval. So much for the misconception na "mahal maintenance ng honda".

BTW, Welcome to tsikot!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by orangepedicab View Post
    paki-add na nga po pala ung montero sport gls 4x2 gas sa comparison. ^^ ty
    given your budget, the 2.5 liter 4x2 GLS Montero Sport is a solid choice

Kaso walang petrol variant ito sir. but still.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Why not widen your choices even more, I hear there's a new everest coming to town maybe later this year. The 2.5 A/T might be in your budget, and it even has manual if you prefer manual still. The montero is also a good option, since you're 5, the cramped interior space wouldn't be much of a problem. Both these may be more efficient than the gas powered ones you suggested earlier. But I'm still biased towards the CR-V, iba yung ride quality niya compared to these truck based SUVs.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If you want power (153hp/343Nm), superb fuel economy and very silky smooth ride, (and world class safety certified by EuroNCAP and US-IIHS), Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 (you need to add 100k+ though).

For your budget, Mitsubishi Montero Sport 2.5L (about 1.3M).

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    If you want power (153hp/343Nm), superb fuel economy and very silky smooth ride, (and world class safety certified by EuroNCAP and US-IIHS), Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 (you need to add 100k+ though).

For your budget, Mitsubishi Montero Sport 2.5L (about 1.3M).
    Boss small correction lang, it doesnt matter much naman pero 330Nm lang ata yung peak torque output ng 2.2 crdi ng hyundai. Yung 343Nm na tinutukoy nyo yung sa toyota 3.0 d-4d.

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    thanks for the welcome po!
    mga sir, tanung ko lang po anong fuel gamit sa montero sport 2.5? sorry,it was unclear to me^^ the ones i'm familiar with lang are diesel and unleaded.

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    thanks for the welcome!
    mga sir! tanung ko lang po anong fuel gamit sa montero sport 2.5? Sorry, it was unclear to me. Newbie pa, but i'm still trying to learn^^.the ones i'm familiar with lang is yung diesel and unleaded. so which does the monty use po?

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    dumodoble posts ko O.o. sorry mga sirs!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
value for money?Toyota Fortuner 2.7 gas variant/honda crv at 2.0 LI