New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy Dy View Post
    Hi. There's 20 units of Toyota Emina & Lucida 96' XLimited at my friend's shop located in Sta. Rosa. Each unit are selling at P250K-P270K. I test-driven 3 units and they run very well to appreciate their 2.2 Turbo Diesel engines & aerodynamic body design w/c will give you a smooth and no wind-drag feeling while in the expressway. Looks good too. If you're interested, you can call or text 0918-9071363.
    converted? (rhd to lhd)

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Most likely... the only variant of the Emina and Lucida sold here was the gasoline powered Previa.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gigitata: you got PM bro, ty!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The going price of the Trueno is insane at the moment. Semi-restored and set-up cars are selling for at least 150k.

Which is idiotic. Before all that Initial D crap, you could get a reasonable one for 50k.

It's the same issue with the Mini. You could get a decent condition Mini before for 80k - 150k... now they all sell for 250k plus, thanks to the new "Italian Job" and the new Mini, which threw the old Mini's price through the roof.

Still want one, though... a 90's model with EFI, preferably.
    it would be nice for a hobby car for 50thousand... tsk tsk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    150K that's absurd for the AE86....not even RWD layout can justify that price.

for the money i can already buy an AE92 with 4AGE engine!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    The City, for sure... as long as it's EFi. I'm not sure whether that year of 1.3 was EFI or not. The LSi, though, as long as it's manual, shouldn't be so "matakaw". Also, it's fun to drive, better steering and suspension, more space, and a prettier car, to boot.

And the Lynx will definitely be able to fit a set of 17's... just get 205-40 tires, so they'll fit.

The smart money would be on the Honda... but it's kind of small if you're going to be carrying a lot of stuff... that's where an LSi will be more practical. The City is more a bachelor's car or toy car.
    Niky, thanks for this well detailed info. As of this moment, i'm leaning towards a Lynx LSi. BTW, does a 1.3L engine really saves gas compare with 1.6L both driven intelligently?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'm not intimately familiat with the LSi engine, so I can't tell you its consumption, but I can tell you that 1.3 compacts (Sentra, Corolla, Lancer, etcetera) will guzzle gas if you push them hard. Drive conservatively, and you should hit 10-12 km/l or more in the city.

That's as long as it's MT. Lynx ATs are guzzlers. I'll ask around about the LSi to confirm this.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I'm not intimately familiat with the LSi engine, so I can't tell you its consumption, but I can tell you that 1.3 compacts (Sentra, Corolla, Lancer, etcetera) will guzzle gas if you push them hard. Drive conservatively, and you should hit 10-12 km/l or more in the city.

That's as long as it's MT. Lynx ATs are guzzlers. I'll ask around about the LSi to confirm this.
    agreed niky..

1.3 corolla or sentras are gus guzzlers if you press the gas pedal deeply.

Driving styles goes like this..

You can do it 7km/L if rush hour traffic shifting 2k rpm or more
    the economical side that could reach 10-11km/L if you drive in control 40-60km/h and of course shifting gear within 1k to 2k RPM . too slow but its economical ..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    AFAIK, all Honda Citys are EFIs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Used sedan for 220K