New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oh sorry did not notice. Nasobrahan ako sa ganda kasi.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Would you prefer a higher variant 2nd hand unit or a base model brand new unit?

For a brand new unit, I'd get the Strada GL at 880k SRP. Very basic truck but has the necessities like power amenities covered. San Miguel uses these for their corporate fleet. Installing aftermarket alloys and a rollbar and suddenly it looks far from base model indeed. Ride quality is quite good especially for a pickup, and then there's that tight turning radius. The backseat is more spacious than the one in our Revo. That should count for something.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Would you prefer a higher variant 2nd hand unit or a base model brand new unit?

For a brand new unit, I'd get the Strada GL at 880k SRP. Very basic truck but has the necessities like power amenities covered. San Miguel uses these for their corporate fleet. Installing aftermarket alloys and a rollbar and suddenly it looks far from base model indeed. Ride quality is quite good especially for a pickup, and then there's that tight turning radius. The backseat is more spacious than the one in our Revo. That should count for something.
    I will go with a used high-end variant becuase I don't really need a brand-new pick-up
    plus the base model is so bare with steel wheels
    I know the strada as decent space in the back on our company car tapos
    may controller siya kung gano kalakas spray ng water sa windshield

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    I will go with a used high-end variant becuase I don't really need a brand-new pick-up
    plus the base model is so bare with steel wheels
    I know the strada as decent space in the back on our company car tapos
    may controller siya kung gano kalakas spray ng water sa windshield
    For 2nd hand, I'd still go with the Strada. Biased, I know, considering that we already have one. But pickups are bulky vehicles, and so I'd be looking for the most manueverable one.

It's either this or the Ranger, which has more power than the non-VGT Strada, better handling (reportedly best in class), and a bigger bed. These of course come with the tradeoff of poorer ride quality and smaller rear seat space.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123