New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    mukhang decided ka na sa previa.... in my opinion, kung ako ang meron ganyang budget, mag kia carnival LWB brand new na lang ako.. at least brand new.. iba pa din ang feel compared sa 2nd hand... plus thrifty diesel engine pa.. sa Montero naman mahirap ang ingress / egress dyan kaya hindi din advisable na people hauler
    i agree. brand new car nalang with 5 years warranty pa. practicality i would'nt spend my 1.5m for 2nd hand 4 year old car.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... Apparently, a brand new 2.9L CRDi LWB is P1.595M (Kia Vehicles Price List | Auto Search Philippines). It may be above your P1.4-1.5M range, but surely this is worth it IMO. Brand new, big and spacious, comfortable ride, torquey. Slap on some 20s and it'll look all the more macho. Stretch your budget a bit more and you get a new unit with a long warranty -- compared to the Previa, which I like, but whose price is too steep.

The 2.9L CRDi SWB M/T is at P1.450M, right smack in the middle of the price range, but IMO, it's not as practical. That 3rd row does not fold into the floor, hence you can't load much behind it.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Hmmm... Apparently, a brand new 2.9L CRDi LWB is P1.595M (Kia Vehicles Price List | Auto Search Philippines). It may be above your P1.4-1.5M range, but surely this is worth it IMO. Brand new, big and spacious, comfortable ride, torquey. Slap on some 20s and it'll look all the more macho. Stretch your budget a bit more and you get a new unit with a long warranty -- compared to the Previa, which I like, but whose price is too steep.

The 2.9L CRDi SWB M/T is at P1.450M, right smack in the middle of the price range, but IMO, it's not as practical. That 3rd row does not fold into the floor, hence you can't load much behind it.
    updated price for kia carnival (per sales agent from kia manila bay and quirino ave.)
    swb m/t(P1.150m)
    lwb a/t lx (P1.450m)
    lwb a/t ex (1.550m)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post
    updated price for kia carnival (per sales agent from kia manila bay and quirino ave.)
    swb m/t(P1.150m)
    lwb a/t lx (P1.450m)
    lwb a/t ex (1.550m)
    WTH? Wow, in that case, LWB LX na!

Curious about the price cut. New model coming?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ang mura! Pero in Korea the Carnival already has the 2.2R e-VGT engine and 6 speed A/T found in the Sorento some time ago. Perhaps malapit na dumating dito?

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    Maraming salamat po sa mga comments. Not yet completely sold on buying a Previa, much less any used car. Had bad experience na with Volvo, especially their CASA. But, I'm thinking might have better luck with either a Japanese or American car, instead of a European one. Anyway, regarding Kia Carnival, yes, my better judgment is telling me to buy it and stick with a brand-new car. Less risk and hassles. But, nabasa ko rin sa mga websites and narinig ko rin mismo from Kia sales agent na baka may bagong re-design and makina na parating next year, as GTi said. If that's the case, then maybe I'm better off just waiting. Hmmm, what to do, what to do...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you can wait, then do so. However, new vehicle = new pricing. So expect higher rates.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Used, Late-Model Town & Country or Previa vs. Brand-New Montero GLS V