Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    If your child is going to go to college or kung college ka ngayon
    and will be driving on their own
    and he wanted A 1st gen expedition, early 200 volvo,BMW or SUV
    ano ibibgay nyo
    if we're talking college in america, then any of those cars would be fine.

but if it's college in the philippines, i suggest strongly, get a japanese car.
    get him a corolla big body, 90s sentra, 90s lancer, or 90s civic. matibay, matipid, reliable, maraming parts, and hopefully, because it's old, hindi masyadong nakawin..
    or get a new mirage, wigo, or vios. i have not encountered any college freshman whose eyes didn't widen with glee, when handed the keys to these mini cars..
    happy hunting.

unless.. nasa garahe mo na yung "oddball" choices mo. in which case, let him take his choice.
    but really, who wants to drive a land yacht in our small, traffick-y roads?
    Last edited by dr. d; August 10th, 2014 at 10:18 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the best probably, one fairly new, with porma, flood friendly (relatively to a sedan that is) and small enough for school parking lots would be a 2nd hand manual tucson.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    but really, who wants to drive a land yacht in our small, traffick-y roads?
    The answer to that would be a father who lets his child decide what car to buy.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    The answer to that would be a father who lets his child decide what car to buy.
    Like Vandolph?

Good for him, though... he hasn't been in the news for an accident for a few years, already...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    There are better choices out there for a novice driver but if its only between the Expedition and a Volvo, I'd go with the Exped, sabihin na natin mas malakas sa gas yun pero mas madali pa rin magpagas kesa maghanap ng parts ng Volvo kung saang saang lupalop. Not to mention that Volvo parts are prohibitively expensive, not to say na mura ang parts ng Exped pero at least its on a more realistic level. Another advantage of the Exped is kung may mga masasamang loob na humarang sayo, banggain mo na kesa ikaw pa ang mabiktima, I know someone who purposely bought an Exped and a Suburban para pang hatid sundo sa school, the driver was given explicit instruction na pag may humarang, banggain mo na no questions asked.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Anong college nga ba bro? Most college parking spaces are nightmares, especially for novice student drivers.

Give your son a set gas allowance so that he will learn how to drive fuel-efficiently. This would discourage overly enthusiastic driving and minimize the chances of accidents. Very important if you plan on giving him a powerful V8 for a first car.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Anong college nga ba bro? Most college parking spaces are nightmares, especially for novice student
    Reminds me of the time when I was still in college, I was choosing for a car to get, initially I wanted an Isuzu LS pickup, but given how bad the parking situation is around Taft Ave. I settled for an EK Civic Lxi, this was around 96-97. That Civic served me well even a few years after college that I had it.

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Buy him a jimny instead!

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    OT:

Laki ng minura ng mga Expedition ngayon no? Less than 300K as per Sulit. Tempting.

BTT:

This may look like the oddball of the bunch. How about a Nissan Terrano Diesel?

Diesel = fuel economy
    4x4 = go anywhere
    Size is almost the same as a Volvo, definitely smaller than the Expedition.
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; August 11th, 2014 at 01:09 PM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    OT:

Laki ng minura ng mga Expedition ngayon no? Less than 300K as per Sulit. Tempting.
    Its cheap for a reason. Lakas sa gas, unreliable, mahal ang pyesa at madalas masira... Comparatively a 1994 LC80 still sells for a million...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast