New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by gromek View Post
    Just putting this out there... Why not a TOTL VW Jetta and swap the mags and tune it. You'll get a sweet ride that's fun to drive but still frugal enough in the long run in case your priorities change.

Sent from my RNE-L22 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    This is a good suggestion. However, he may not​ like a diesel variant. Unless there's a gasoline variant, which I am not aware. The one that I've used is TDI and quite good for me. Maintenance is every 15,000 km so it is somehow easy on the pocket​ and the price range is within the budget.

Ground clearance is good enough to bring it anywhere around the provinces. In terms of performance, I was able to reach 180 kph from 120 kph in a few seconds. Another thing, I can't confirm if the Jetta right now is the same with Golf that has a separate tank for it's fuel line. One more, I don't know about DPF if this car is mainly used in the city.

Note: I mentioned speed that are beyond the limit. This does not mean that I advocate for this kind of act and neither do I encourage anyone to go beyond the speed mandated by our government. I am just pointing out that the car is fun to drive despite being a diesel engine.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The Accord 2.4L and Mazda6 2.5L (gas) are about the same in terms of performance, around 8 seconds from 0-100kmh and good up to 200kmh. The Accord 3.5L V6 is a totally different animal which is about as quick as a Lexus IS350 (less than 6 seconds from 0-100kmh). The new Accord 2.0T is about as quick as the older 3.5L V6 but the 3.5L V6 has a higher top speed (more power).
    I didn't know that there are two variants of Accord. In that case, they should be about the same except for that V6.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I didn't know that there are two variants of Accord. In that case, they should be about the same except for that V6.
    And Mazda just released a 2.5 turbo gas for Mazda 6. [emoji16]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    2018 Honda Accord has 1.5 and 2.0 turbo engines available ...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    2018 Honda Accord has 1.5 and 2.0 turbo engines available ...
    The new base model Accord 1.5T is better in terms of performance against the older 2.4L.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I wonder what happened to the guy looking / comparing for the cars mentioned?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I wonder what happened to the guy looking / comparing for the cars mentioned?
    I think i will settle with WRX CVT,because it's fast enough, practical, handles well and has a lot of aftermarket option.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Yes, that is certainly the best for you! Enjoy your new car.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567