New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hi guys,

Planning to get a smaller vehicle to replace my compact SUV to a more practical one, I have the two options in mind:

1. 2012 Ford Fiesta Sports +

Good Points:

- Good Addons (Bluetooth, Leather Seats, Skirts, Spoilers, Audio Controls on Steering)
    - Low Mileage (Mileage 10-15K Kms Only)
    - Good Price

Bad Points:

- Transmission Issues (shuddering issues even on new models)

2. 2012 Honda Jazz 1.5 AT

Good Points:

- Space
    - No known serious issues (That I know of)

Bad Points:

- NO Bluetooth, No Audito Controls on Steering Wheel
    - High Mileage (30-35K Kms)
    - Price (50-80K more)

I used to own a Jazz before (GD) and it served me very well. My questions is what would you choose from the two? Is the Transmission Issues on Fiesta a major concern? or since it is covered by warranty, but it is worth the hassle? The 50-80K additional on Jazz worth it?

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Jazz. The 2011/2012 Fiestas had the highest prevalence of DCT issues. Out of warranty, it'll cost you 60-80k to fix, and can still recur.

The Fiesta is a more rewarding drive but all that fun'll be sucked out of you if you get a faulty unit.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Fiesta is a better drive over the Jazz but its 2011/2012 models are the most common impacted by the tranny issues. There are still exceptions though, as stated by experiences of some members in FCP.

The Jazz offers a lot of space for a small car. The 1.5L models will offer better FC and power than the lower trim 1.3L models.Things I don't like about the City/Jazz are the boring feel of the steering and the "ka-blag" suspension feel on the rear.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Fiesta is a better drive over the Jazz but its 2011/2012 models are the most common impacted by the tranny issues. There are still exceptions though, as stated by experiences of some members in FCP.

The Jazz offers a lot of space for a small car. The 1.5L models will offer better FC and power than the lower trim 1.3L models.Things I don't like about the City/Jazz are the boring feel of the steering and the "ka-blag" suspension feel on the rear.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jazz..... higher resale value.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Fiesta drives better and is more refined, but the Jazz has, hands down, the better transmission. More responsive in traffic, not as jerky, and not a headache for long term ownership.

The Jazz also has a better ride. The Sport+ Fiesta is a bit stiff. The Jazz isn't going to entertain you as much, but it's still a nice steer and drives well... and the interior space is unbeatable for subcompacts of that vintage.

The Fiesta drives better and is more refined, but the Jazz has, hands down, the better transmission. More responsive in traffic, not as jerky, and not a headache for long term ownership.

The Jazz also has a better ride. The Sport+ Fiesta is a bit stiff. The Jazz isn't going to entertain you as much, but it's still a nice steer and drives well... and the interior space is unbeatable for subcompacts of that vintage.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Fix Or Repair Daily, no way.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    ill go with jazz for the higher resale value

ill go with honda jazz for the higher resale value