New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle618 View Post
    optra underrated? dont think so.
    ngayon lang bumibitaw ang pinoy sa brand perception....underated parin ang optra in my opinion kasi these cars admirers are really only those who wants more than the brand itself, unlike toyota and honda..na kahit kamamahal at kaka-bland ng units nila, papatukin parin...

well, that under-rated for me.. kaya tignan din nyo, iilan lang tayo nagdidiscuss sa thread na to.. kung SIR or any honda/toyota thred, may mga newbies pang sasaw-saw...gets?

i'm no expecting much in this, kasi they're under-rated talaga...more on ownership* at "common probs to look for" talaga habol ko, since 98-04 ang astra, 03 to present ang optra... at mga owners nito i'm sure most nagbakasakali because of its great offering minus the toyota/honda badging.

*means more than maintenance , economy, its more to the experience owning such cars.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Actually, to make the argument simpler... If it's not a Toyota or Honda, it's underrated. hehehe

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hubertq34 View Post
    kung quality ang paguusapan... sa german technology na ako kesa sa korean. kaya i'll go for astra.
    Chevrolet Optra was designed by Pininfarina of Italy, The same design house that’s been styling Ferraris since the very beginning. The suspension was fine-tuned by engineers from Lotus in the UK. The E-Tec II engine that powers the Optra is a double overhead camshaft 16-valve unit, comes from Holden, GM’s Australian subsidiary.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chuaed View Post
    Chevrolet Optra was designed by Pininfarina of Italy, The same design house that’s been styling Ferraris since the very beginning. The suspension was fine-tuned by engineers from Lotus in the UK. The E-Tec II engine that powers the Optra is a double overhead camshaft 16-valve unit, comes from Holden, GM’s Australian subsidiary.
    The Optra engines from australian Holden!?!
    kaya pala malaks sa gas. Holdens cars are known for their big smooth engines and not of fuel economy ones.
    The Optra is actually a very good car, comfort, suspension, specs. If only it had better fuel economy or a diesel engine.
    But i still think maintainance should be cheaper for the Optra. The last time i had my optra maintained by casa; it cost higher than expected. A friend of mine who owns an Astra sedan pays about the same for its maintainance. Shouldn't the Optra's maintainance and parts be cheaper.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chuaed View Post
    The E-Tec II engine that powers the Optra is a double overhead camshaft 16-valve unit, comes from Holden, GM’s Australian subsidiary.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuaed
    The Optra engines from australian Holden!?!
    Only the bigger 1.8 liter and 2.0 liter D-tec engines(GM Family II) are sourced from Holden in Australia.
    The 1.6 and 1.4 E-tec II engines(GM Family I) of the Thai built Optra and Aveo sedan are sourced from GMDAT's plant in Korea.

*The 1.8 liter D-tec was available in the RP on the Optra 1.8 LT which is no longer available in the current local Chevy lineup.

The E-tec and D-tec are part of GM's Family I and Family II engines making them cousins to Opel's ECOTEC engines.
    Last edited by AG4; November 5th, 2006 at 11:37 AM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    3 words: Astra SRi Turbo

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by KoKoNAT View Post
    3 words: Astra SRi Turbo
    Astra Sri Turbo and Astra OPC and Astra VXR

which is better sa long-term: astra wagon na manual o ung matic?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Depends sir kung what factors are we considering in the long term.

For parts and costs of parts in the long run, panalo manual.

Pero kung ung patagal ng patagal eh patrapik ng patrapik sa daan at lalo kang naiistress, matic.

thanx po... sana madami parin maka-input.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
unlikely comparo: astra and optra