New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Honda Civic 1.8S AT, ako 12km/l mixed driving... and never boring!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Lancer is better than the Corolla in terms of interior space... not quite sure if it's better than the Civic or just similar... I've driven both, but never back-to-back.

It handles much, much better than the Corolla... not quite as well as the Civic or the Focus.

Obviously quicker than the Corolla. Obviously not as fuel efficient.

If the 1.8 liter Corolla variant comes with the upsized 16" tires, then you should get it. The 15" tires and soft suspension of the base model makes handling a bit... wobbly. Not wobbly in the 1970's Landcruiser sense, but it does lack a proper sense of direction. The uprated mags and tires on the 2.0V make things better... but it's still in need of a good set of anti-roll bars to make handling safer.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    regarding suv, that is actually the plan for our other car. 2nd hand suv once budget permits. daily drive kasi tong sedan.
    power and handling naman nga ang hesitation ko sa altis for that once in a while spirited driving up tagaytay or subic.

comparing 1.8s and 1.8v sa civic, airbags, foglamps and seat fabric lang daw difference? not seeing this as worth the additional 50-60k.

may price adjustments ba ang lancer for 2010? what discounts are being offered from the 920k SRP?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    sa mga nagcomment sa Lancer EX GLX, in what category is it better than the 1.6G Altis or the 1.8V Civic? At this price I can actually already get an AT.
    In my opinion, everything. It's also gonna be a CKD, meaning it's gonna be cheaper if you can wait.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    comparing 1.8s and 1.8v sa civic, airbags, foglamps and seat fabric lang daw difference? not seeing this as worth the additional 50-60k.
    for me the 2 airbags are a must. you also get bigger and nicer to look set of tires and wheels. all worth it imho.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by water View Post
    Kung gagastos ka na din ng 900thou eh mag civic ka na.

Maselan pa sa langis ang toyota engine ngayon.

+1 ako dito

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    a 2nd hand SUV. nagkotse ka na dati, kotse pa rin ipapalit mo?
    +1 here.....

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    the additional passenger airbag is definitely worth 50-60k!
    just in case of accidents and the extra airbag would save your passenger/ family member, then it becomes priceless!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JJB View Post
    the additional passenger airbag is definitely worth 50-60k!
    just in case of accidents and the extra airbag would save your passenger/ family member, then it becomes priceless!
    Depends.

If you plan to use a baby seat or a booster seat and let your child sit in front. (not the best practice... but sometimes, if you're alone with your child, you can't let them stay in the back alone...), an airbag is more dangerous.

It's also more dangerous if your wife or front passenger is a small person, as here in the Philippines, two-stage airbag sensors aren't mandatory (you'll have to ask at the casa if the Civic has a weight sensor in the front seat to deactivate the second stage of the airbag).

Seatbelts > Airbags anytime.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Haven't driven the ZZE141 Corolla Altis yet so I have no idea how it drives.

Even though I try really hard to like it, I can't get along with the FD Civic, and my household has one. Sure it's comfy and smooth-running, but it's lost quite a bit of its fun factor vs. previous Civics. Very unwieldy too IMO - the car "feels" larger than it should due to that mountain of a dashboard, and so hinders maneuverability in tight confines. It feels like the FD Civic was meant for places with wider roads...America perhaps.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
For under 900k Altis, Civic or ???