New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depends on the use but with technological advances in overall engineering as Niky out it, the reliability of a small turbo engine today is much better and will be good for the lifespan of most regular car users. Mas masakit lang sa bulsa pag nasira versus a big old school n/a.

That's why I love the LC80. Big reliable old engine plus a turbo. Not as fast as a CRDi but dang torquey and reliable.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Non turbo I like big displacement because of the linear power delivery. Less maintenance. Less worries. But it still depends upon the whole package of the car. Case in point: Fiesta Ecoboost.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Just an observtion on the matter of choosing between turbo or non-turbo.

With gasoline engines there is still "that" choice (turbo, non-turbo) but with modern diesels be it large or small displacement a great majority are de facto turbo intercooled with a form of direct-injection.

I guess what I'm driving at (pardon the pun) with diesels there is a clear cut advantage with turbos but on gasoline engines as with what Niky notes real world results are mixed.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    parang fiesta ecoboost 1.0 VS mazda 3 1.5

898k VS 948k

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Having owned turbocharged and V6 cars in the past...... I'll go for a V6.

I'm very happy with my 9-year old 3.3L V6 Sonata. I'd replace it with another V6 Sonata. But, Hyundai decided to go with a 4-cylinder turbo. So, no new Sonata for me.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    For me po,

kung pure stop-and-go-traffic,

non-turbo, (gasoline)

kung highway driving/long distance travel,

turbo, high displacement engine

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Daily driven... Non turbo.

One less thing to worry about in the long run.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    How bout sa diesel engine ano ba mas fuel efficient. Turbo (crosswind) or non - turbo (adventure) same condition.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Crosswind is more efficient than the Adventure, but AFAIK that has to do with the direct injection fuel system and not the miniscule turbo which was supposed to improve emissions and make it Euro 2 compliant.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The weak spot for a turbocharged engine will either be the impeller or the joint where the turbo housing is connected to the engine block.

Even if technology has progressed, I'm still leery of those weak spots in a turbocharged engine, especially as the car gets older.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast