New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RE: Crosswind: RE: Dent: Don't feel so bad, CK... I did that with our XUV when it was just two weeks old. And I'm supposed to be a responsible motorist.

Lowdown: driving 80 km/h, pull out to overtake a truck two car-lengths ahead. He's tailgating another truck, and that guy, for some unknown bullsh*t reason (nothing in front of him for another 100 meters or so), slams on the brakes... (from 60 to 20 in just a few seonds)... and the second guy panics and slides to a complete stop. Stupid me, being used to ABS-equipped cars, instead of just pulling all the way out to overtake, I hit the brakes mid-overtake, the brakes lock up (at low speed... IN DRY CONDITIONS!), and the non-ABS equipped Crosswind slides forward and nicks the truck lightly. Neither of us got mad at the other, since it was the first truck driver who did the idiotic thing (and he left), but it was embarrassing, nonetheless.

Now, instead of my customary three car-lengths on the highway follow distance, I use five to six for the Crosswind... those brakes are crap.

And you ought to see all the scrapes the driver and my brother put on the XUV. It ain't exactly an easy car to park (knock on wood, I've never gotten any other scrapes besides that one).

As for the Mazda3... Get the V. You won't regret it, fully loaded, reasonably fuel efficient (for a 1.6 AT), and a great car. It's worth the extra money for the better kit.

The Focus 1.6 MT Trend is a nice car, very "BMW 316-ish" in drive, but the plastics on the doors and dash are godawful, and I don't think it'd make your brother feel very special. Great car to drive, though (despite being slow), and the only one in the price range with rear airconditioning. I'

I'm still for the Getz over the Spark. More metal for the money.

Make mine taxicab yellow with black plastic sidings... I am a New Yorker, after all...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RE: Crosswind: RE: Dent: Don't feel so bad, CK... I did that with our XUV when it was just two weeks old. And I'm supposed to be a responsible motorist.

Lowdown: driving 80 km/h, pull out to overtake a truck two car-lengths ahead. He's tailgating another truck, and that guy, for some unknown bullsh*t reason (nothing in front of him for another 100 meters or so), slams on the brakes... (from 60 to 20 in just a few seonds)... and the second guy panics and slides to a complete stop. Stupid me, being used to ABS-equipped cars, instead of just pulling all the way out to overtake, I hit the brakes mid-overtake, the brakes lock up (at low speed... IN DRY CONDITIONS!), and the non-ABS equipped Crosswind slides forward and nicks the truck lightly. Neither of us got mad at the other, since it was the first truck driver who did the idiotic thing (and he left), but it was embarrassing, nonetheless.

Now, instead of my customary three car-lengths on the highway follow distance, I use five to six for the Crosswind... those brakes are crap.

And you ought to see all the scrapes the driver and my brother put on the XUV. It ain't exactly an easy car to park (knock on wood, I've never gotten any other scrapes besides that one).

As for the Mazda3... Get the V. You won't regret it, fully loaded, reasonably fuel efficient (for a 1.6 AT), and a great car. It's worth the extra money for the better kit.

The Focus 1.6 MT Trend is a nice car, very "BMW 316-ish" in drive, but the plastics on the doors and dash are godawful, and I don't think it'd make your brother feel very special. Great car to drive, though (despite being slow), and the only one in the price range with rear airconditioning. I'

I'm still for the Getz over the Spark. More metal for the money.

Make mine taxicab yellow with black plastic sidings... I am a New Yorker, after all...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    hmmm suzuki is right before chevy coming from mkt cnema sq... hyundai is lagpas pa ng chevy? ah, laya pla d namin nakita.. hmpness.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by charriolkid View Post
    sorry out of the question na yang suggestions mo. lols.

my mom wouldnt buy me those cars.. and di ko rin ipapabili yan.. its too much for a college student. :-)

i'd rather have those na ako ang bumili at may narating na sa buhay hehehe
    well,

I for one consider the picanto and the getz as eye-catching din naman as long as you get the ones with striking colors. if I have to choose between a 2nd hand car or one of these mini-cars, I'll choose the latter.

college life is one great moment in life. dont spend too much time tinkering on old cars coz i'm very sure you'll encounter problems once in a while. if your mom has a budget for a getz or picanto, kunin mo na yun. the 3-year warranty will shield you from the worries other than school life.

you are in a creative course. fixing, repairing, maintaining, paubra-hing , that's not creative.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    hehe creative course nga po, kuya oldblue. :-)

kaya nga my preference goes to spark over getz.. kasi mas like ko yung interior and exterior nya..and the mere fact na once in a blue moon mo lang makikita sa daan.. hehehe

i wonder panu mo lalagyan ng skirt ang spark? or even getz? wala kasi sa car domain ang chevy spark... :-) gusto ko bihisan ng skirts if ever.. tas bagong mags.. and a decent sound system..

functionality-wise, i admit that getz is maybe 10% superior than pica's and sparks..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Skirts, you'd have to go to a more expensive place like A-Toys for a custom kit.

Mags are easy... Getz's look great on 15" mags.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Functionally, the Getz is undoubtedly more than 10% ahead. It has power windows on all four doors, an MP3 player, proper rear head restraints for the rear passengers, rear wiper washer on the 1.4, available front foglamps (for inclement weather driving), theft resistant wheel covers (the Spark's center cap is a breeze to steal), the scratch-hiding black bumper tops and side mouldings, there is a cargo cover in the back so you can stack two layers of cargo, an underfloor storage in the trunk for small items and emergency supplies.

Plus the fact that Getz parts are available outside of the casa. Something you will really appreciate when the casa guy says it will take a month for them to order a part you need because they don't stock it.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Functionally, the Getz is undoubtedly more than 10% ahead. It has power windows on all four doors, an MP3 player, proper rear head restraints for the rear passengers, rear wiper washer on the 1.4, available front foglamps (for inclement weather driving), theft resistant wheel covers (the Spark's center cap is a breeze to steal), the scratch-hiding black bumper tops and side mouldings, there is a cargo cover in the back so you can stack two layers of cargo, an underfloor storage in the trunk for small items and emergency supplies.

Plus the fact that Getz parts are available outside of the casa. Something you will really appreciate when the casa guy says it will take a month for them to order a part you need because they don't stock it.
    hmmm... whats up with the black plastic surrounding the whole car of getz (and some others)? i really find it unattractive...

i am loving the layers of cargo though. its hot tamale.

with all due respect to nikki, ayoko ng yellow.. nakita ko na sa coastal road.. very taxi-ish and sakit sa mata..

meron akong nakitang color ng getz dito na pinost ng owner e.. prang dark orange xia na dark red pinaghalo? LOL.. yunn gusto ko.. or black.

ayoko ng white/grey sa getz..

may foglamps ang spark sa harap and "Defogger" sa likod (anu yun? prang foglamps na nasa likod? or something na pra ndi mag moist yung salamin sa likod?)

bakit walang maka-spark sa inyo?? is it THAT bad? hmmm maybe its the age thing? 'cause hey the spark looks cuter naman tlga and has this youthful appeal to it... hehehe...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Walang maka-Spark dito because there are lots of better deals out there. Rear defogger are the fine orange lines on the rear glass. AFAIK even the Getz has that. It is for removing fog on the rear glass on cold mornings.

The Spark also has a rear foglamp. It takes the place of one of the reverse lamps. Rear foglapms are colored red and shine with the same intensity as the brake lamps. It makes the vehicle easier to see in foggy conditions.

The black plastic has been previously explained already. It prevents the car from getting scratched up when parked. It prevents the doors of other cars from hitting the body of the Getz when parked. The black strip on the rear bumper prevents the bumper from getting scratched when you accidentally drag your suitcase on it. It's a European/practical thing. Try visiting Europe, most cars are like that.

Kay oldblue yung orange Getz. It's a top-dog CRDi unit.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    I would go for Getz or Picanto like what I did. College life is the best. You're lucky you're getting a brand new car. At my time when I was in college naka jeep lang ako or taxi pag napadaan sa Sta. Mesa. or minsan hiram lang. Just as sir oldblue said. old cars or second hand cars will give you a headache. Wag mong pansinin mga ibang schoolmate mo na mas mamahalin ang car basta sayo brand new. As For Getz and Picanto meron sa A-Toys pero mahal. It's original. Hindi daw kasi mareplicate. For picanto it around 29k I think. My groupmate have this. I like the simple one yun nasa side lang. I don't know how much for the Getz. Maybe the same. Kahit wala nang side skirts or wrap around ok na. Ok lang ang mga black mouldings. Trust me they are important.

Ang haba na ng thread na eto.

Tulooonng!!!