New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Sportage na po muna. May facelift na niyan po lalabas ang Tucson. :D

2. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Also put into consideration the 5-seater 4x2 CRDi Sorento for additional 30k from the price of sportage. Bigger engine, (but still diesel, i bet the difference in consumption with the sportage diesel would be minimal.), bigger 2nd row and definitely bigger luggage room. Downside is you have to install your own foglamps and the DRL of the sportage is more badass :D

But between the two, better get the sportage. The tucson should have a facelift soon.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    try riding them and compare the visibilty around.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    sportage looks better than the tucson... ewan ko lang pag dumating ang facelifted model ng huli.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Try to check Tucson's current price...Parang nagooffer sila ng discount ngayon...narinig ko lang sa radio...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by parak21 View Post
    Dear all,

I am choosing between the two (both diesel variant)

I have been to the hyundai casa and they gave a good deal on the tucson. Will be going tomorrow for the sportage to inquire.

Test drove the tucson diesel already and was quite surprised on the "hatak" and the "speed". I thought it was a gas engine at first!

Will be used by my mother for city driving most of the time

Questions are:

1. Which is more fuel efficient? Could you post figures? For city driving.
    * they are the same engine im sure, but the tucson has 4wd. Will that affect fuel consumption??

2. Does the sportage have same gear ratios as the tucson? I loved how the tucson drives.

3. How is the ride of the sportage compared to tucson?

4. I noticed that the sportage has lesser space at the back seat? Am i right?

5. Do they have the same maintenance parts?

Reason why im asking is it is hard to get a test drive on the sportage diesel. For me. Exterior and interior. Id go,with sportage. I am just almost sold on the tucson because of the name and reliability.

Thanks for answering!
    1. City driving ng Tucson R-eVGT 4WD ko, 7km/L to 9.5km/L depende sa driving habits at traffic. Yung Sportage halos pareho lang, mas matipid lang ng konti kasi FWD lang. Lamang lang ng konting traction yun Tucson dahil 4WD. But the Sportage feels lighter.

2. Exactly the same.

3. Slightly firmer than Tucson. Pero okay lang for me, mas maganda rin body roll sa corners.

4. Same lang. Sa trunk space may konti difference. Mas mababa kasi headroom ng Sportage.

5. YES. Pareho lang.

IMO get the Sportage. Mas bago, mas pogi, mas maraming features at mukhang mas matibay. Yung Sportage namin wala pa warranty claim for almost 2 years na sa amin. Yun Tucson ko bumigay na brake switch noon pero minor lang naman yun.

Ito post ko before nung may nagtanong din ng Sportage EX eVGT vs Tucson GL eVGT, ito advantages ng Sportage sa features

Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    - DRL
    - Power folding side mirrors
    - Leather interior trims
    - Chrome exterior trims
    - Electronic lumbar support (Tucson GL doesn't have this feature, Premium package lang)
    - Pwede i-program yun speed sensing door lock at auto door unlock

Mas maganda lang likod ng Tucson pero overall mas type ko yun Sportage
    Last edited by Starex_Gold; July 23rd, 2013 at 10:50 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    ^ Take it from the guy that has both :D

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hands down Sportage CRDi. Kia service is much better.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Sportage na. Everything is the same with the tucson, minor difference is a firmer ride for the sportage. Trunk space, very minimal naman difference nila.

The big difference is the pm schedule for crdi diesel engines. For hyundai tucson (i assume hari dealership ka kukuha if ever you choose this) it is 5000km/3 months. For kia sportage it is 5000km/6 months. So kung takot ka sa hyundai at susundin mo yung 3 months pm schedule nila then THE COST OF MAINTENANCE OF THE TUCSON IS TWICE THAT OF THE SPORTAGE.

Pag nabasa ni niky ito babanatan na naman ako na di pa nakakabili ng brand new kahit minsan.
    Sir saang dealership ng hyundai ganto ang policy? Meron kasi kaming tucson di pa lumalagpas ng 15k lagpas 1 year na kasi city driven lang wala naman nabangit samin na ganto? Sorry kung OT

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    1 year na kaming may Tuscon 4WD, I just have to clarify that the Tuscon disengages it's 4WD system and drives like a FWD under normal conditions. The 4WD system only activates when you're skidding or you activate the manual override. So in theory FC should be about the same as the Sportage, but with the benefit of more traction on slippery terrain. Since magfacelift na yung tuscon try mo maghingi ng discount sa kanila. Lastly, check mo ang maintenance costs ng dalawa sa dealer mo, malaki yung difference minsan kasi.

FC is 7L/100km on Provincial roads. 10L/100km under normal driving. 12-14L/100km in slow traffic (yung type na mas mabilis lakarin)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12