New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Para sa akin Tucson ang pipiliin ko, mas maganda kasi kaysa sa ilalabas na new CRV. Ang Everest ba eh SUV o AUV?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by leovl View Post
    Hyundai Tucson 2WD CRDi auto
    price: P1,078,000
    advantage: cheaper diesel consumption, air bags, ABS
    disadvantage: diesel is noisy, with vibration and possible smoke emission
    Test drive first the Tucson CRDi.

When I drove one - it sounded & behaved like it has a gasoline engine. Pulling power is good for city driving though it easily runs out of revs.

Quote Originally Posted by leovl
    So I guess for P130,000 (tucson gas 2WD is P948,000), you get the more powerful diesel engine plus the above inclusions.
    The gas engine is more powerful than the diesel engine (0-100kph & topspeed).

The only advantage of the diesel is its low-end torque which is nice for driving in Metro Manila.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    wouldn't that be "not getting the bang for the buck" because papalitan naman pala ang model ng everest. kung baga sa cell phone, inipunan mo para makabili ng latest model, yun pala manghinayan ka dahil in a few months, may pinalit agad na model....
    for P999K which is the sale price right now of the bare everest and the crv select model, hindi kaya masayang ang P999K ko????

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    They don't sell the diesel version in the US because diesel has never sold well in the US, because gas prices have been relatively low and is in fact cheaper than diesel fuel. Also the the US will be using a new type of lower sulfur content diesel fuel. Most people in the US that buy diesel engine vehicles get a Ford F-250/350 or something similar in size.
    i see...
    kala ko had something to do with smoke emission.
    kaya nga been trying to do research, most are US sites, and they don't have a review on the CRDi.
    any readers know of a review of the tucson CRDi????

horsepower did provide a link to a review of the CRDi in India.... but i'm more interested in user reviews which are more accurate than paid journalists. just like what they have on yahoo autos, they have the normal reviews and the user reviews....

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by medyas View Post
    Para sa akin Tucson ang pipiliin ko, mas maganda kasi kaysa sa ilalabas na new CRV. Ang Everest ba eh SUV o AUV?
    I think the Everest is the real deal SUV, kasi its really based on the truck design. I think the underchasis is similar to the Ford Ranger pick up, kaya pang bundok and rough terrain talaga.
    But if i wanted an SUV only for highway, then I really don't need a rear suspension that is like a truck, magiging masyadong matigas at matagtag.

Correct me guys if i'm wrong, yung everest front looks very much like a Ford Ranger, then the body was modified to make it as an SUV rather than a pick-up.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Test drive first the Tucson CRDi.

When I drove one - it sounded & behaved like it has a gasoline engine. Pulling power is good for city driving though it easily runs out of revs.

The gas engine is more powerful than the diesel engine (0-100kph & topspeed).

The only advantage of the diesel is its low-end torque which is nice for driving in Metro Manila.
    I see....
    All the while I thought that the CRDi had more horsepower than the gas on the tucson. Kasi, I think the CRDi is comparable to the V6 gas engine of the US in terms of horsepower.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    By the way,
    just today, Ford has advertised the return of the P999K Ford Escape.

So now both Ford Escape and Ford Escape are both P999K.
    Escape is also automatic with airbag and ABS.
    That looks like a good deal compared to the Tucson 2WD automatic which is P948K...
    For P50,000 more, I get the safety options that are not available in the Tucson 2WD.

Hirap talaga mag decide!!!!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    hi! i'm just new here but from what i've read so far at the other threads mas ok ang hyundai tucson lalo na yung diesel. pogi na matipid pa kasi crdi! kung me pera lang ako yun na bibilhin ko kaso kailangan munang makapasa sa bar...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Tucson or CRV or Everest