New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico
    this should be a tough decision.
    they cost almost exactly the same (give or take a few thousands).

Tucson
    + gasoline engine! no scary D4D
    + all power
    + Hyundai #2 in 2005 JD Power survey
    + made in Korea
    - it's not a Toyota
    - much less cargo and passenger capacity

Innova E
    + turbodiesel! should be more fuel-efficient
    + all power
    + it's a Toyota!
    + ladder frame chassis, it's more SUV than the Tucson
    - made in Thailand
    - scary D4D engine woes

no sense comparing the Innova J since the J is power-nothing. While the Innova G (gas or diesel) is way over the Tucson in price (although much less than the Tucson CRDI).
    For me, the Tucson is probably "cooler" to own but the Innova wins in pretty much everything else (practicality, resale, aftersales service, spare parts, etc).

Just curious, why is "made in Korea" a positive point while "made in Thailand" is not? Do Thai made cars have a bad rep? I thought the Innova was assembled here and its the Fortuner that's from Thailand?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    yeah the tucson is cooler... but the Innova is more practical.

for family people in this price segment, i guess the Innova wins hands down. mas matibay pa ang kaha kasi truck siya.

about Korea vs Taiwan.. the Koreans have better QA than the Thais. Ditto for Japan vs Philippines. A made-in-Japan Mazda6 will almost certainly have better QA than a made-in-Philippines Mazda3. Or so i would like to believe.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I agree, the Innova might be more practical for family use. I'm still single and looking so the Tucson's just right for me hehe.

On the contrary, I would like to believe that car companies with a global reputation require the same quality standards of their vehicles regardless of where it's manufactured especially if it's for export.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bryantpark
    I agree, the Innova might be more practical for family use. I'm still single and looking so the Tucson's just right for me hehe.

On the contrary, I would like to believe that car companies with a global reputation require the same quality standards of their vehicles regardless of where it's manufactured especially if it's for export.
    Agree with bryantpark. Multi-national company employs the same level of QA/process regardless where the plant is.

Will vote for Innova. One reason: pag nagsawa na ako sa Innova, ikukuha ko na siya ng taxi line, then will get a second car. 'Yong boundary ng Innova will pay for the second car...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 20vanda01
    Will vote for Innova. One reason: pag nagsawa na ako sa Innova, ikukuha ko na siya ng taxi line, then will get a second car. 'Yong boundary ng Innova will pay for the second car...
    OUCH!!! hehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That's one way of making money out of something that depreciates hehe.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    not a bad idea actually!!!

pero for the budget-challenged parang mas interesting hintayin yung Avanza ah... concern ko kasi sa innova ang bigat bigat. ok pampamilya, pero what if wala ka (pang) pamilya? you'll be dragging that gasoline-powered hulk around.

(note about the diesel: scary yung Denso pump eh...)

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Tucson for me. but I still need to find out how's the after sales of Hyundai here

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Avanza for me... I can't wait to see this thing. If the 1.3 can drag that body around without racking up a catastrophic gas bill, it just might be the perfect office service.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i've heard mention on some web sites that the avanza is based on the unser platform (a.k.a. revo). could be true. and the interior daw is much plainer than the innova, which already doesn't win much styling points. but then it's cheap.

current price is 585k (indonesia equiv) or 610k (malaysia equiv)
    siguro nasa gitna tayo because we're better off than indonesia but poorer than malaysia. :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Tucson 2.0 CVVT vs Innova E