New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Hi mga Gurus,

Favor naman pahingi ng input ninyo if anong mas better sa dalawa.

FCS, Maintenance, Resale value, driving experience, design ang features.

Your inputs will be a great help.

TIA.

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Swift 1.2 MT SRP - 608,000 vs Yaris 1.3 MT SRP - 736,000
    Swift 1.4 MT SRP - 749,000 vs Yaris 1.5 MT SRP - 861,000

Malaki price difference ng dalawa, but if I were on your shoe and can afford the Yaris, I'd get the Yaris.

Fuel Consumption (based on topgear review)
    Swift 1.2 9-11 km/l in traffic vs Yaris 1.3 6-8 km/k in traffic

Maintenance
    Hmmmm. Imo, same lang sila. Much cheaper and mas madami lang spare parts ng Yaris (T-badge)

Resale Value
    Yaris?

Driving experience
    Have not tried both of them.

Looks
    Definitely I'd go with the yaris. Mas gusto ko porma nito kesa Swift

Just my 2 cents

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Swift 1.2 MT SRP - 608,000 vs Yaris 1.3 MT SRP - 736,000
    Swift 1.4 MT SRP - 749,000 vs Yaris 1.5 MT SRP - 861,000

Malaki price difference ng dalawa, but if I were on your shoe and can afford the Yaris, I'd get the Yaris.

Fuel Consumption (based on topgear review)
    Swift 1.2 9-11 km/l in traffic vs Yaris 1.3 6-8 km/k in traffic

Maintenance
    Hmmmm. Imo, same lang sila. Much cheaper and mas madami lang spare parts ng Yaris (T-badge)

Resale Value
    Yaris?

Driving experience
    Have not tried both of them.

Looks
    Definitely I'd go with the yaris. Mas gusto ko porma nito kesa Swift

Just my 2 cents

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd go for the Yaris. Resale value and parts availability are in its favor. Another I'd consider is the base Accent CRDi. Stellar fuel economy and humongous torque is hard to resist.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008

if you are thinking of resale value, don't get anything but the T..... marque... tip sakin ito ng used car dealer.
    also, toyota has more fixit shops and more parts availability then 'most other marquees..
    then, there's the second row passenger seating.. swift has very tight second row space..
    in favor of swift, i have heard it refered to as the "the poor man's mini cooper"..
    looks and driving experience? you'll have to test-drive them both to see what fits your expectations better..

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    If you have a family or planning to have one, the Yaris definitely has more space. Fuel Consumption, this goes to the 1.2 Swift - even with aggressive uphill driving, I can easily net 10kml on it. Resale Value? Yaris.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Fuel Consumption: Swift

i own swift 1.4 the worst FC i got was 9km/l (heavy traffic) based on the computer and the highest was 17km/l, full tank method (19km/l on computer)

Resale Value: no doubt about toyota's resale value.

Driving Experience: swift is really fun to drive especially on the twisties compared to yaris though i find the latter more comfortable.

design and features: assuming that you're gonna buy the latest gen, i prefer the looks of yaris .

Fuel Consumption: Swift

i own swift 1.4 the worst FC i got was 9km/l (heavy traffic) based on the computer and the highest was 17km/l, full tank method (19km/l on computer)

Resale Value: no doubt about toyota's resale value.

Driving Experience: swift is really fun to drive especially on the twisties compared to yaris though i find the latter more comfortable.

design and features: assuming that you're gonna buy the latest gen, i prefer the looks of yaris .

7. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Thanks Guys laking tulong to.

Sa owner ng yaris po dito, totoo ba na ang parts ng yaris is same sa vioz?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yaris and Vios share the same platform and engines, pretty much everything is the same. In fact the Vios is called the Yaris sedan in the US.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    i own a swift 1.2 MT.
    FC is 17 Km/L sa panel pero the actual consumption is 15 km/L by manual computation. mixed city/traffic and NLEX trips. So far OK naman sya.
    In case you decide to purchase the swift, stay away from Suzuki Kaloocan. Aftersales really sucks

i own a swift 1.2 MT.
    FC is 17 Km/L sa panel pero the actual consumption is 15 km/L by manual computation. mixed city/traffic and NLEX trips. So far OK naman sya.
    In case you decide to purchase the swift, stay away from Suzuki Kaloocan. Aftersales really sucks

10. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Fuel consumption
    - Definitely Swift. I easily get 9 kpl even during heavy traffic and spirited driving and I have the AT Swift.

Looks and design
    - This is subjective. I like the Swift's look better. Each to his own.

Driving feel
    - I've driving the new Yaris twice and the new Vios countless times. They drive the same and it's nowhere near as fun as the Swift, especially on the AT variant. The AT Yaris and Vios feel feels sluggish while the AT Swift is very sprightly. Steering and body feel is unmatched on the Swift.

Parts and maintenance
    - The Yaris is cheaper to maintain. The Swift is also cheap to maintain, but availability of parts and aftermarket accessories is not good. Then again, the fuel savings you get with the Swift will pay for the difference in maintenance cost.

Space
    - The Yaris is noticeably bigger. I was actually considering the Yaris myself as a second car, but I felt it was still too long so I ended up with a Swift. The Swift's 2nd row legroom is tight. Anyone over 5'8" will find it tight. Same thing with the boot. Noticeably bigger on the Yaris.