New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico
    good question. maybe it's because the AE101 body still commands a high price, anywhere from 160k to 200k+ which imho it doesn't deserve. toyota has such a reputation..

for 120k wala kang choice but to get an AE92/EE90.
    The AE101 is the class leader during its time, that's why it has a higher resale value.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    well most toyotas are class leaders. hence the unrealistic resale value.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi guys,

I have a Toyota 90, and oks naman sya pati yung takbo nya ok din for me. it's just di sya power.pero beside that wala naman ako problema.
    Wala lang share ko lang.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Xe is better than 1.6 GL but 1.6 Gli is better than Xe.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Carlo,
    Kung di ka nagmamadali, you can wait. Meron ako nakikita kung minsan FS GL, 90-92 all power na and what more, converted na ang makina niya to 4age. scan the buyandsell mag. marami ka makikita na toyota gl diyan. tiyempuhan lang, ika nga.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    question lang po: Are we talking about the small body or the big body corollas?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok ang XE. Engine is similar to my XL5 at kaya naman umakyat with 4 passengers at the back. Wag mo lang ipilit gamitin ang higher gears pag umaakyat ka ng steep road. Matipid sa city driving ang 2E engine at madali i-maintain.

As for the 4AF na GL, tingin ko mas ok sya kung plano mo gamitin sya sa long drives. Gas consumption would be close to the XE basta hinay lang sa accelerator. Saka kung concern mo talaga ay power then you should buy this instead of the 2E powered XE.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    if you're talking about the ae92(89-92) corolla GL, alam ko medyo malakas siya sa gas -- at least un ung comment ng uncle ko.

we have an ae92 XL; ewan ko lang if it's because of the age of the car, but the newer lovelife XLs seem a lot peppierm even if they both have 2e engines. dunno the actual hp/torque specs though

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Tanong ko lang po, saan kaya may mabibiling 4E-FTE in good condition?
    Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
toyota XE vs. Toyota GL