New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^Why not buy a used car? Something useful and practical without breaking the bank.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Celerio for me sir. I dont own either but if reviews are to be trusted it has consistently proven to be a better car overall between the two...and cheaper too. I suggest avoiding 2nd hand cars altogether. Imho too much of a hassle if in the few times that you will be using the car tumirik pa due to some issue with the used car.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    ^^^Why not buy a used car? Something useful and practical without breaking the bank.
    I tried mentioning it this morning... ayaw talaga... plus same issue, hatchback lang pwede sa garage ko

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    I tried mentioning it this morning... ayaw talaga... plus same issue, hatchback lang pwede sa garage ko
    Maybe for 300k you can get a used Jazz GE (previous gen). In my opinion, the older Jazz GE looks better than the current Jazz GK. Just make sure you get the 1.5L AT model as the 1.3L AT felt underpowered and less efficient than the 1.5L model.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    I agree, Jazz is a better car.

But we'll only use it kapag nandyan kami sa Manila. So the car will just depreciate sa garage

at least kung something small, cheap and economical - di gaanong masakit...

so kung 2 car lang pag pipilian... Mirage GLX or Celerio?
    The mirage has more vibrant "support" group. From the simple mundane user issue (almost always) to a real actual issue.

Both cars are more of the same. Sa looks lang magkakatalo.

Fc is the same.
    May extrang grunt lang ang mirage being it a 1.2l engine. (If this is important to you, then go get the mirage)

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Actually nung nag test drive ako ng G4 last December... 7km/l and consumption ko... Majority highway driving! I tried to keep that ECO light on kaya nagulat din ako sa calculation ko... (it's a rental car kaya di ko sure kung maayos maintenance nila)

So far it's 1 vote for the Celerio and 1 vote for the Mirage...

Iba nga support group ng Mirage/Space Star, lalo na overseas.

Will have to test drive the Celerio when I have time sa next trip ko sa Manila...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Mirage +1.

Just replace the rear springs if it's too soft. No need for a reverse cam I think as it's already quite small to back out of tight parking spaces. Invest in some sound deadening on the doors and heat insulation on the roof and it's all good.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    While I was on the search for my subcompact car also last year, I came across these three models as well. Although another model caught my heart though.

Among the three, I would recommend in order:

1. Celerio. Fuel efficiency (DOT 2016 results to 29km/L daw, so actual might be somewhere about 20km/L I suppose), spacious, features found in high end models. As I have been reading reviews, it has mentioned that Suzuki somehow perfected or "almost perfected" the combination of a CVT, 1.0 engine and 3 cylinders, which resulted to superb fuel efficiency and not too much since it's only a 1.0 compared to a 1.2 on 3 cylinders. A friend owns one, and he has no problem driving it around the city for 4 years na yata, plus andali i-park.

2. Wigo. High resale value for the "T" brand, easier to find and cheaper parts, roomy as well, the new vvti engine is said to be more efficient than it's predecessors. I have ridden an old model thrice, from a friend, medyo matagtag cya or just maybe due to tire pressure, di lang ako maka get over sa tansan sound when you close the doors, maybe di din nya na maintain ng maayos. Maybe the newer model would now be better since the Toyota service adviser who maintains our car would now personally recommend their vvti wigo, kasi before he would always say na mag entry level na vios nalang daw instead of a top of the line wigo when it was newly launched. hehe.

3. Mirage. Haven't actually ride one yet. It looks good on the exterior, especially the new ones na nakakasalubong ko with the orange/rust color and some silver trimmings. Uses CVT on a 1.2 engine, 3 cylinders, i guess this has more power than celerio, but read it somewhere that the extra power will somehow affect the wear and tear since it is only 3 cylinder (I really don't know since I do not have any expert know how on cars). With the price or mirage, I would try to consider the Swift, 1.2 engine, 4 cylinders, mas balanced daw ang burning of fuel?

Actually nung nag test drive ako ng G4 last December... 7km/l and consumption ko... Majority highway driving! I tried to keep that ECO light on kaya nagulat din ako sa calculation ko... (it's a rental car kaya di ko sure kung maayos maintenance nila)

So far it's 1 vote for the Celerio and 1 vote for the Mirage...

Iba nga support group ng Mirage/Space Star, lalo na overseas.

Will have to test drive the Celerio when I have time sa next trip ko sa Manila...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i have a wigo. i figured, if i didn't like it, i'd sell it easy, as it's a toyota.
    well, it's been four years, and it's still with us. no issues.
    personally, the new wigo looks uglier then the older. "pinilit yung pagbabago sa ilaw."
    car reviewer mentions that the new vvti engine is a bit cheaper on the gas than the old.

a car reviewer says he prefers the new celerio from the (older) wigo. i kind of believe him, as trying out the showroom celerio, i seem to feel more comfortable in the celerio, than in our wigo.

and yes. parking so much more pleasurable!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    My cousin has a wigo and i have ride a mirage on multiple occasions. I haven't tried driving them yet, but as far as performance goes, the wigo is the best and I think you can't go wrong with a toyota. I can't say much about the celerio as well. I found an article in toyota's website that could be a good read for you. Toyota Wigo for Sale Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12