1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    OT:

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i don't understand
    A little bedtime read

Engineering Explained: The Pros And Cons Of Different Engine Types

BTT:

I second on budget stretch, and get a brand new Vios.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    if you are wary of 3 cylinders, you might stretch your budget and get a basic vios, or basic honda brio...
    hyundai i10 has a 4 cylinder variant, but its price is already within the vios ballpark.

i shunned from the manual wigo, because my big feet kept bumping into each other. i got the AT instead.

another possibility is, get a slightly used 4 cylinder car. there are a lot of them priced below 500K.

Vios would be a great choice pero mas prefer ko sana na automatic yung sasaktan and Vios AT is way out of my budget. Ayoko naman po ng second hand car. I'm scared of getting a flooded or not properly maintained unit.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If you're getting an AT, get the Mirage.

The Wigo in automatic isn't as economical as the Mirage with its CVT. Aside from the efficiency advantage, the Mirage also has more power which would be useful if you find the need to carry 4-5 passengers and/or cargo.

Madali maglagay ng accessories but mahirap palitan ang engine kaya Mirage gets my vote even if the Wigo has a bit more toys.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    nagtataka lang ako about 3 cylinders, suzuki has been using them since the early 80's(?), early versions of jimny's are 3 cylinders, may nakikita pa ako nagbebenta, yung mga suzuki carry na ginagamit sa water station, so para sa akin hindi issue yang 3 cylinder

BTT: mirage CVT

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by seymorebutts View Post
    nagtataka lang ako about 3 cylinders, suzuki has been using them since the early 80's(?), early versions of jimny's are 3 cylinders, may nakikita pa ako nagbebenta, yung mga suzuki carry na ginagamit sa water station, so para sa akin hindi issue yang 3 cylinder

BTT: mirage CVT
    personally, my issue with the available cars with 3 cylinder engines, is their power, or lack thereof..
    kapag nasanay ka na sa mas malaking engines, ay medyo bitin ka sa 3 cylinders..
    they're not really vibratious on level roads.. mine actually sounds like a sewing machine..

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    personally, my issue with the available cars with 3 cylinder engines, is their power, or lack thereof..
    they're not really vibratious on level roads.. mine actually sounds like a sewing machine..
    yup, given na yan sa specs nung sasakyan, if you are looking for one, check everything on the specs

nag react lang ako kay "tito", he may have provided some reasons why

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    As long as the engines are of the same displacement, they should deliver roughly the same amount of power. A Mirage makes 65 hp/liter, same with the Vios, the Wigo is just a very tiny bit lower at 64 hp/liter.

Displacement is computed as (Pi/4) x bore^2 x stroke x number of cylinders. The Wigo has a longer stroke 84mm vs 73mm on the Vios to make up for less cylinders.

3-cylinder engines just have the notion of being less powerful because manufacturers often use 3-cylinder engines for low power applications such as in city cars, while reserving 4-cylinder engines for their more expensive lineup.

The Fiesta Ecoboost's engine changes that though, thanks to its forced induction, you get 125 hp from a 1-liter engine. End result? 2014 Ward's 10 Best Engines and 2012-2014 International Engine of the Year.

The 1KR-FE, the VVTi version of the Wigo's 1KR-DE, also won in the sub 1-liter category for 4 straight years (2007-2010).

So yeah, the TS' tito is better than all these car awarding bodies so let's believe that 3-cylinder engines are crap.

Last edited by jut703; October 29th, 2014 at 10:21 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Test drove a wigo a/t, very unrefined. Its not the 3 cylinder engine im talking about, its the harshness of the entire driving experience. Tranny whines as if your doing reverse evsn though your doing 20kph above. I can feel the brakepads grind thru the pedals. The noise intrusion is like a car from the 90's. It feels like the 1st gen alto i drove a few years ago.

I dont mind the 3 cyl vibration, maybe im just overwhelmed by harshness of the entire car. But then this car sits 3 normal size adult comfortably and its very very roomy, more room than a lovelife.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Ganyan talaga pag engineered to a price. 😶

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's why, for me, unless you're really gunning for the purchase price to slip below 500k, the Mirage is still the better buy.

I must say... I find the MT variant peppy. If I had driven that one for my test drive instead of the AT, I wouldn't have been so sour of it on our Drives review. The AT has such incredibly long gears for the paltry amount of power it has that it's not funny.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast