242 48.69%
  • CITY

223 44.87%
  • Others (Matrix, Lynx, Aveo)

32 6.44%
Page 67 of 86 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I always found toyota parts easier to source than other japanese brands. Surplus, Japan replacement, OEM parts aside from original (CASA). Other brands are still playing catch-up. But if you are planning to CASA maintain your toyota, the cost vis-a-vis other brands won't be too far off.

I still feel, however, that you get more advanced technology with the City. I-DSI technology promises to provide a lower and wider torque band compared to conventional engines. The electronic power steering also reduces the load on the engine compared to conventional hydraulic power steering. This translates to better fuel economy. Problem is, the city really looks awkward. (For now)

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    * afg598 thanks sir... your ryt medyo awkward nga dating ng city ms mganda dating ng bagong vios ngaun medyo maluwag p... cguro mkipag bargain na lang me s dealer ng toyota and honda kung cno ung my mgandang deal dun ako....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    the only thing i hate about vios is the fact that it's being used as a taxi. I only hope this will not happen to the new vios.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by arjay316 View Post
    the only thing i hate about vios is the fact that it's being used as a taxi. I only hope this will not happen to the new vios.
    sorry to disappoint you but I already saw one already prowling at Rizal Ave. ext., a few weeks ago. It was repainted white.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    only upside to it is. you won't have a problem with supply of parts (surplus, oem, replacement, original). of course, more vios units out there, the parts manufacturers would fill that demand.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    the higher the technology the pricier it gets and the higher the maintenance.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Kaya hindi maiwasan gawin taxi ang toyota e kasi talagang mas matibay toyota sa honda.

Think twice before you buy a HYUNDAI.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Anyone knows the mileage of the new vios 1.5 A/T?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    "i hv frens who buy vios and city. Those who buy vios always complain bout
    the interior but city owner never complain bout the exterior n enjoying
    the interior of city. Coz u are the one sitting inside the car but not
    the one stand beside n look at the car...."

(Excerpt from other formum)

I just order Honda City 1.3 A/T.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Whew! I read this thread from the start.

Ano ba ang gusto mo?
    if you will compare be sure to compare same type of engine 1.3 vs 1.3 & 1.5 vs 1.5

Speed or Fuel economy?
    Speed - kahit alin sa City 1.5 VTEC or Vios 1.5L VVTi.
    1.5L's have respectable speed when compared to 1.6L. Pero not as fuel efficient as 1.3L.
    Fuel Economy - among Vios & City, strongly recommend City 1.3 iDSI. Fuel economy is really jaw dropping! It is silly to use this engine other than what it was engineered to fully optimized-fuel economy.
    Kaya itigil nyo na yang gauge/karera ng mga 1.3L.
    (sa Starway talagang makakapag mabilis ka dyan, a friend of mine was able to push his 1Litre-10year old Charade to 150 kph, partida 1 driver & 4 passengers pa kami nuon, taking advantage of terrain & inertia, to think na 120kph lang ang max spec ng Charade, nakaka takot!!!.)

Exterior/Interior?
    Kanya kanyang taste yan eh, kung alin ang type ng puso mo. Ikaw naman ang mag papakasal sa kotse mo at hindi ibang tao.
    Exterior - more prefers Vios than City pero ang reasoning ng pro-City hindi ka naman sasakay sa exterior ng auto mo.
    For those who like to feel good in overall classy & functional interior design- City ka.
    Sa totoo lang City originates from Jazz/Fit & the Vios originates from Echo. Mas similar nga lang profile ng Jazz with City. Pero ang reasoning ng pag ma-market ng may pwet is because of the stereo-type sub-concious thinking that hatches are cheap. On some countries mas-in ang walang pwet.

Safety?
    Panalo City

Maintenance Cost?
    Cheaper-Vios. Mas maraming parts ang Toyota, marami ka ring chances na maka kuha na hindi genuine, Periodic Maintenace every 5,000kms.
    With regards to regular maintenace, say regular change oil lang - sa City ako 10,000 kms. Less abala.

Bottom line: Compare each one by first hand experience, kasi pag nagamit mo na pareho, na test drive mo pareho, paniguradong may papanigan ang puso mo at hindi ka na co-consult sa forum na ito; Compare according to engine type & then class. Then ma realize mo kung sino talaga ang much value for money in terms of kung ano ang naka kabit sa auto at kung anung mas mahalaga sa iyo.

IN MY OWN
    i would neither choose any of Vios or City.
    I contemplated long & hard and bought a 1.5L VTEC CVT Jazz last November 2006 and i never regreted it. Pero nung bagong labas sya sa Casa (break-in period) hindi sya as fuel efficient as nung nag tagal na sya. Found out that this intelligent engine can even tune it's self, adjusting to the octane rating of the gasoline. (if you get one, attend the orientation, ask how to self tune the car "during driving").
    I've fallen in love with the car, no need to further soup it up, the exterior is mabangis & the interior is just superb, All power & things are in the right place. I couldn't notice the car already left/arrived the garage -so smooth & quiet.
    More Power to weight ratio beats, the sedan counterpart and with a VTEC CVT it's just soo tempting to floor it. CVT's are so smooth as if you could barely feel shifting gears, youre always at the right gear! be it slow driving, moderate or fast.
    I dont need the trunk and if i even need to haul things I have ample space due to magic seats. I've even use these magic seats to flat bed where family members can sleep on long provincial driving.
    Safety? the overall team-playing of suspension, all-dics brake, Anti Brake Locks & electronic brake force distribution...just makes my mind at ease, really makes wonders, keeping the car where it should be!!! (compare a nonABS car at high speed, simulate a need for full stop and you'll know what i mean, the difference could be your life and you investment).
    Frontal collisions? never experienced it but you can search youtube * 180 kms/hr the cabin is still intact. (IMO City/Jazz have airbags pero at 180kms/hr kahit naka airbag ka, mag kaka injury ka parin, sure yon, sa legs, braso, sa leeg)

But then when im in the phils i seldom go outta town & with manila traffic, most of the time you'll just be cruising at 40-90 kms/hr. lubak lubak pa!
    So on my next car, i'll go for 1.3L iDSI Jazz.

OT: dun sa kumakarera sa HUMMER, mabagal po talaga ang hummer, hindi po sya design sa speed, dina-daan daanan lang yan dito sa kuwait ng regular cars (Guiness no.1 death toll due to car accidents. In the absence of speed cameras, it is regular for cars here to cruise at 170 - 200 kph on the fast lane, HUMMERS often times stay on the 2nd lane)

additional info: dont buy chevrolet aveo (& other daewoo's re-badge chevy), got one, never test driven it & regretted it soon as i got out of casa. poor quality/performance..tiny little things that sums up hating it overall.

Toyota Vios vs. Honda City [Merged]