New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    On the other side of the coin though, we were able to obtain our 06 FD at nearer to the price of the ES model. Introductory price daw.

Since then, halos 100k yung tinaas ng same variant from 2006 to 2011.

You do have a valid point though. Discounts plus the fact na mas 'mature' na yung technology and various problems that appeared in the previous models should have already been fixed by the end of its lifetime. Yun nga lang, I'm a sucker for cutting edge haha

Well, up to TS to decide what's more important to them at this point in time.
    Yep, overall, pang FYI lang din yan kay TS so he can decide. We were also supposed to get the FD when it first came out in 06 (tama ka, it was really a step above all that time )but cancelled our order since the dealer could not deliver on the time promised and they would not even update us on the availability... then tamang tama a nice, second hand Everest came along.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    When buying brand new I also prefer heavily discounted outgoing models or new-old-stock (NOS) units they forgot about at the warehouse.

Maybe it's because I'm always getting used vehicles and have gotten used to not having the newest car on the block.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Depends also... You can get generous discounts that way. I purposely bought my 2007 Altis before the 10th gen was released so the price i got after the discount was not far off from a second gen Vios 1.3 E which was also just released that time.

If they give good discounts on the current Yaris a/t this year, we might consider one as well.
    Couple of years back, i think it was early 2009 when you can get a Yaris AT for as low as 680K, as the facelifted models are setting foot in showrooms. I think it is a good time to inquire again.

Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    theoretically the 5AT should be more economical, thing is, it should have been economical IF the engine paired to it is torquey enough, which isn't the case. So, instead of holding a higher gear, the City's tranny sometimes even hunts on lower gears, downshifts in a snap and acts a bit busy. I've driven a Jazz 1.5V last week to Baguio and this is what i've observed with the tranny's behavior. And indeed, around Baguio city, i only managed to averaged around 8+ something km/l, which isnt bad for an engine with 600kms on the odo but hardly thrifty.
    A friend of mine currently has a City 5A/T, and his only complaint is about the fuel consumption. But the M/T is not so gas-guzzler...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    When buying brand new I also prefer heavily discounted outgoing models or new-old-stock (NOS) units they forgot about at the warehouse.

Maybe it's because I'm always getting used vehicles and have gotten used to not having the newest car on the block.
    I'll take the "used vehicles" of Otep any day, mas mahal pa rin sa brand new. ;)

Another thing about "last units" is that most bugs/defects usually have already been ironed out by then.

I also encountered a Sentra box type diesel that Nissan put together out of the spares they had back in the early to mid 1990s.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Sir, kung hindi ka pa nka bili ng either Vios 1.5G or City 1.5E my comments are these:
    - i used to ride a vios 1.5G M/T but sold it after 6 months kasi matagtag "bumpy". probably it's typical for a toyota.. and tight leg
    leg room at the back seats.
    - i've tried driving my cousin's 2010 honda city and the ride was smooth..it's a head turner kasi bago ang design..
    - maraming taxi na Vios..
    I go for a Honda City.

The internal space in the City is even better than in the previous Civic. I still don't know about the current Civic...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Toyota Vios 1.5G vs. Honda City 1.5E