New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaboot View Post
    try mo jimny mas ok dyan sa dalawa
    Sobrang OT nito. Pero the reason I'm trying to get rid of the Jazz is to get another Jimny. hehehe. Don't be too hard on the Jimny. It really is a niche vehicle and not for everyone as intended by Suzuki. Lubog na ko hanggang headlamp sa baha dati hindi naman sumuko yung Jimny and nagagamit ko pa sa bukid. Try that in a Vios ewan ko lang.

Between the two, ok na ko sa Accent. The price of parts and services will come down as the units multiply naman.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Thanks for the inputs guys. Sorry to all the Jimny fans, it may be a good vehicle but not really my type. Additional question though, if I pay in cash is it true that I will get a bigger discount with the Vios?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    You might get a bigger discount in the Vios.

But are you sure that you'll be happier if you choose the Vios?

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Actually Vios J gets no discount at all. But if you or your parents, siblings have a Toyota then you can avail of the loyalty discount of Php 20,000.

Vios 1.3E gets 30,000 discount and plus the 10,000 loyalty for a total of 40,000

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Actually Vios J gets no discount at all. But if you or your parents, siblings have a Toyota then you can avail of the loyalty discount of Php 20,000.

Vios 1.3E gets 30,000 discount and plus the 10,000 loyalty for a total of 40,000

That's interesting, looks like they would rather sell the E than the J variant.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cafemaco View Post
    That's interesting, looks like they would rather sell the E than the J variant.
    Toyota doesn't really need to do anything for the J variant to sell. Taxis, police, fleet companies, etc.. all will get this variant as default.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Since you already have a prior good experience with the Getz, I think hitting up with your previous SA who sold you the Getz will be equally rewarding as you can probably haggle bigger discounts since you are more "known" to the SA.

Since Hyundai is gearing the Accent up for more units sold, I think they paid equally important attention to it as with its big big brother Sonata. So far, I'm seeing a lot of them in the streets (probably more than Ford Fiestas nowadays) so I think they're gaining ground on the subcompact category.

The Toyota Vios will always be a no-frills car. But there won't be that sense of being "special" once out in the streets where every traffic light has a Vios waiting in line. The Accent won't definitely dethrone the Vios, but I'd take that up. It's ***y, a head-turner on the subcompact class, and it's "new" compared to the 2006 Vios.

Verdict: Hyundai Accent

P.S. Of course, I'm biased like Sir SG :naughty2:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Toyota Vios 1.3J or Hyundai Accent 1.4 M/T