New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

As I said earlier,- bibili ka pa lang ng kotse,- resale value na kaagad ang iniisip mo.

If you are using the car for a few years,- halos pareho na lang ang resale value niyan.

Go for the Getz... I love that little car,- next to the Jazz....

17.1K:chop:
    hehe baka buy and sell si TS. joke lang.

i'll choose the getz. mas bago and still has warranty.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post
    hehe baka buy and sell si TS. joke lang.

i'll choose the getz. mas bago and still has warranty.
    Hindi po ako buy and sell, wla nga ako kaalam alam sa kotse since it will be my 1st car, kaya i'm asking for opinion hehe )

Waah in favor of getz nnmn ako

Cheaper, newer, with warranty pa.. I hope i can make the right choice

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Sir hindi po ako hyundai owner pero nababasa ko po dito na mahirap daw magclaim ng warranty sa HARI.

*paki review po yung statement na yan hyundai owners

Pero ok yung design para sa akin...a little bit better than the yaris for me kung looks habol niyo.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by LiempoBoi View Post
    Sir hindi po ako hyundai owner pero nababasa ko po dito na mahirap daw magclaim ng warranty sa HARI.

*paki review po yung statement na yan hyundai owners

Pero ok yung design para sa akin...a little bit better than the yaris for me kung looks habol niyo.
    Hi sir,

What do you mean mahirap iclaim ang warranty ng HARI? I thought casa warranty lang siya at free ang labor nila?
    may iba pa po ba ako kelangan iclaim sa HARI?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Warranty claim only matters if something breaks.

How easy it will be depends on what breaks and why it breaks.

In my experience, WHATEVER the brand, claiming warranty coverage on certain items like suspension, brakes, wiring, accessories and etcetera is nearly IMPOSSIBLE. Even if you experience an engine problem (I knew a guy whose engine swallowed a loose screw from the intake manifold), most dealerships won't cover it.

Hyundai warranty claims aren't any more difficult than most. You can get a break if your Service Advisor is a nice guy and you develop a good relationship with him. If he's really friendly, they'll even give you warranty coverage for blown shocks (some dealerships do, but this is very rare).

Valid warranty issues only enter if there is a serious defect in the vehicle. For example, the crankshaft breaks in two, even if you do regular oil changes, or the transmission fails spectacularly. Or there is widespread interior rust and the car has never been flooded. But in most cases, you have to fight for it.

In the end, you get the two year old car not because it's still in warranty. But because it's only two years old, much younger and has more life left in it. I have friends with five or six year old Getzes that are still in great condition and give them no trouble at all. But if the four year old car is in better condition, go for that.

All this talk about warranty this and warranty that for Hyundai is because most posters weren't here when there were more Honda owners complaining about Warranty issues for paint, trim and rattles... or about their Mitsu or Ford warranties. When the Toyota D4D issues started, some weren't able to claim warranty, even though it was a known defect (though many were). Same with the Chevrolet Optra fuel economy and reflash issue...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    performance and maintenance wise, wala namang problema sa getz. in fact, its my everyday car dahil sa fuel efficiency nya.
    ang ayoko lang sa kanya is yung absense of a trunk.... so lahat ng kumakalampag dun dinig mo.

but overall it would be a nice car.

but to compare with a vios, vios pa din ako....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Get the Vios. No brainer. I own a 6 month Accent then my horn went kaput, the dealer didn't do anything about it. My car isn't casa maintained. So much for their 5 year warranty.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    I agree kay niky, getting the 2010 is not about the warranty but because it's newer and mas sure ako wala pa problem

I have a follow up question guys... My friend also owns a Getz for 3yrs at wala daw siya naging problem. low maintenance etc..

ask ko lang kung gano kadalas kayo magpacasa... I asked him kasi, every 3months daw nya pinapasok sa casa at 3-4k daw ginagastos nya every time dadalhin nya...

is it really necessary to bring it every 3months sa casa? I know some every year lang daw nagpapacasa... mawawala ba warranty pagdinala mo siya sa hindi shop? yung iba kasi kahit under warranty hindi sila ngpapacasa dahil MAHAL daw. (not the labor since free yun, pero yung mga change oil etc...)

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Toyota Vios ... having trunk space is priceless. Though looking a bit on the small side, one would be amazed on how much stuff a Vios trunk could swallow.

And there's Toyota reliability, no pun intended on Hyundai.

Average service bill at Toyota Bel Air for PMS is Php 2400 to 2600, parts and labor. Latest bill for 40K PMS was Php 6700+ inclusive of parts and labor.

Average fuel consumption mixed use (highway/city) 10-12 kms per liter (2010 1.3E AT). Highway consumption is at 17-19 kms per liter (speed dependent)

Service interval is every 5000 km. Major parts replaced since August 2010 is a set of tyres, and the battery, and that also includes the service consumables i.e filters, sparkplugs, etc.

Has substantial performance when it comes to speed and agility. Once the VVTi engages at around 80 kph/2000rpm, you can keep up with the bigger engined cars.

Despite my handle ... :naughty2: ... I use a Vios as my daily drive ..
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; October 23rd, 2012 at 09:31 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Toyota vios 08 vs Hyundai Getz 10