New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Peeps,

my older sister is planning to buy an old school ride. Which of the above would be more economical in terms of parts, repairs, and fuel consumption? Gusto nya kasi luma para maiba sa mga jellybean shaped new cars. She wants to do a 100% restoration. To this i salute her, since I also am a lover of old school rides (my previous car was a Toyota Corolla DX '84 model).

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Siyempre, everyone is going to say "Starlet".. bet tayo...

But the Mitsubishi Colt is better looking, and it's got some neato features for an 80's econobox. Front wheel drive, very simple mechanically, should be a very easy car to work on.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    Peeps,

my older sister is planning to buy an old school ride. Which of the above would be more economical in terms of parts, repairs, and fuel consumption? Gusto nya kasi luma para maiba sa mga jellybean shaped new cars. She wants to do a 100% restoration. To this i salute her, since I also am a lover of old school rides (my previous car was a Toyota Corolla DX '84 model).
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

But the Mitsubishi Colt is better looking, and it's got some neato features for an 80's econobox. Front wheel drive, very simple mechanically, should be a very easy car to work on.
    Yup, lamang ang Starlet dito. Dami rin ang running Starlet sa road compared to Colt (Mirage?). Sa slalom races dami rin. Maganda pang bihisan.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i've seen good looking starlets already compared to colts.
    and imho, mas masarap ayusin ang starlet.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I'm leaning towards the colt na rin nga e. to be unique rin. Daming starlet pa rin akong nakikita kasi e. Ganda ng colt if properly maintained lang.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

Of course, the RWD Starlet... you can put a 20-valve 4A-GE Blacktop and his sister can go drifting! ha ha...

Just in case she would want a more modern alternative with lower mileage and hopefully less problems, how about a 1990/91 4th gen Civic hatchback, this should cost less than P150K.

Its not as common as the newer bullet type Civic hatch, I think it was sold here for just a little over a year until it was replaced by the all new model. I believe these early Civics are CBU from Japan.

...then swap the SOHC 1.2 for a 160hp B16 engine! ha ha, just kidding.
    Last edited by AG4; December 14th, 2007 at 10:44 PM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Peeps,

update ko lang, starlet na. kaso it needs a lot of TLC. She bought it at P40k lang.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    Peeps,

update ko lang, starlet na. kaso it needs a lot of TLC. She bought it at P40k lang.
    nice! tell her congrats! kahit ako, pipiliin ko Starlet

anywayz, tell her to swap in a 4AGE-20 valve "black top" in that little car! hehehe.

aite, peace.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ano update sa starlet ng sis mio>

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    whoa nabuhay ang patay na thread. Anyway its now a black starlet na hehehe. Name nya is Cristina aka "cristina crisol, bold starlet" kasi ambilis ng sis ko magpatakbo. Swapped a silvertop only. Di kaya ng budget ang blacktop. Enjoy siya kasi gabi naman trabaho nya sa hospital as a nurse.

Toyota Starlet vs. Mitsubishi Colt