New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Like what kpy555 said, the gray market units offer a lot more tech as an upside. Downside would be the additional price and perhaps more things to break with more tech.

My LC120, for instance, is a local unit, so it's pretty bare -- similar perhaps to the features on a Fortuner with a little more. The gray market unit of the same model had more features, for a premium. Since I've not seen the gray market version, and I don't take the Prado trailing, I've never had the need for the other tech except perhaps for more power.

The TMPI LC150 has more features, although I would expect the gray market one to have even more. It's now a question if you're ok with the local features, and/or of the gray market features are things you would commonly use or would matter to you.

And then there's the LC200. I think the gray market LC150 gets priced close to the local LC200. If you're getting the local LC150, then there would be that big price gap vs the local LC200. But if you're going gray LC150, the price gap gets smaller, so you have to think about if you want the bigger beast.

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    I'd take the Prado VX in Pearl White. It's just a dream to look at.

Q: are all Prado Gray units has the Spare wheel at the back? or does it still depend on variant?

Having the spare wheel underneath the car looks better.

Sent from my iPhone 5
    Last edited by SiRbossR; May 17th, 2013 at 12:58 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Well I got bitten by the 'thrifty' bug so I got something much cheaper and unrelated instead:

Anyways, thanks for the inputs. In the end I got something more affordable hehe (forester XT) and its quite fun pala! . Next time na lang for the 'big boy' diesel SUVs .... maybe in a few years hehe.

Wont be buying cars for a bit (years). Save mode muna.
    Last edited by EQAddict; May 21st, 2013 at 03:49 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Was actually about to ask if your latest purchase (which you posted in a different thread) meant you weren't going for the big boy diesels anymore.

Answer received.

Congrats!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Well I got bitten by the 'thrifty' bug so I got something much cheaper and unrelated instead:

Anyways, thanks for the inputs. In the end I got something more affordable hehe (forester XT) and its quite fun pala! . Next time na lang for the 'big boy' diesel SUVs .... maybe in a few years hehe.

Congrats EQAddict! So what was the deciding factor why you chose the Subby? And you compared it with which other options in the end?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Its kinda OT already but was thinking the Prado and LC200 might have all new models in two years time. Spending that much money on something that is almost due for a model change might cause me severe buyers remorse. And when I say 'severe' I mean it as they are expensive hehe.

Also since I sold my Jazz, was always looking for a fun daily driver with paddle shifters. The XV (smaller version) was always on my mind but when I saw the XT (bigger brother) when I brought in my Legacy for servicing I was smitten with all the tech stuff. And 8 speed flappy paddles are always going to be a big draw for me. So I said what the heck. Spend less money, buy something that's all new and save up in a few years time for an all new Toyota big diesel suv. I have my trailblazer and my explorer naman for now to keep me company if I needed SUV capability.

Its certainly not as macho as the landcruisers and it doesn't have their presence but I'm okay with that. Got it for fun driving. It delivers on that. Small enough to toss around, turbo, paddle shifters, awd, drl, unassuming.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    congrats... Ganda ng bagong forester.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Definitely a good buy. Kahit OT. Hahaha!

Its kinda OT already but was thinking the Prado and LC200 might have all new models in two years time. Spending that much money on something that is almost due for a model change might cause me severe buyers remorse. And when I say 'severe' I mean it as they are expensive hehe.

Also since I sold my Jazz, was always looking for a fun daily driver with paddle shifters. The XV (smaller version) was always on my mind but when I saw the XT (bigger brother) when I brought in my Legacy for servicing I was smitten with all the tech stuff. And 8 speed flappy paddles are always going to be a big draw for me. So I said what the heck. Spend less money, buy something that's all new and save up in a few years time for an all new Toyota big diesel suv. I have my trailblazer and my explorer naman for now to keep me company if I needed SUV capability.

Its certainly not as macho as the landcruisers and it doesn't have their presence but I'm okay with that. Got it for fun driving. It delivers on that. Small enough to toss around, turbo, paddle shifters, awd, drl, unassuming.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Dapat nagmustang ka nalang.

Kidding aside, congrats on your new XT. That's a car I definitely wouldn't mind spending so much gas on. Sulit naman sa bilis. Heh heh

Sent from my 3210 using Tapatalk HD Premium

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004

Be better if they had an XV with the turbo engine. Oh well... the new Fozzie is a heck of a lot better than the old one. Too bad it's CVT, but then, the automatic on the previous car wasn't great at holding extra power, anyway. Not like the 4AT in the old "station wagon" typie Fozzie, that could hold nearly 400whp.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Toyota Prado diesel TX-L or hyundai Maxcruz?