New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Kung binigyan ka ng S14, malamang suki ka ng RWYB noon. hehehehe
    Kung binigyan ako ng S14 (it was a red, two year old, 1997 a/t unit with around 18,000kms on the odo), malamang within the first week na fish tail at nabangga ko na, knowing my immature speed tendencies before.

Yung Frontier ko, pinipilit ipasok sa Bracket D dati. :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    l'll definitely get the Prado for long term use.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    long term ownership, more than 10 years... LC Prado for me. Not the best but it will last definitely.
    Same here.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Since the Max Cruz still uses the same 2.2 liter diesel, I would think any "teething issues" with the mechanicals will have long since been resolved.

-

It's not the same thing (since the Max Cruz is bigger), but I just got done with the 2WD Santa Fe, and it returned an impressive 18+ km/l on the highway in "baby mode" (possibly even 20 km/l can be achieved with a good right foot and no traffic), and still returned 16 km/l at a 120 km/h cruise. Fantastic car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    niky have you test driven the Prado yet? is it due for replacement anytime soon?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nope. Don't know. It's not on Toyota's test fleet.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    By experience, ang mga mahihilig sa kotse, kadalasan di umaabot ng 10 years, nagpapalit din, hehe. So my advice, follow your heart bro.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Prado may be the better choice if its for long term, heavy duty use. Otherwise, get the Maxcruz. Its definitely more refined, more powerful and also a good million bucks cheaper.

Besides, engine-wise, the Prado isn't any more reliable than the Hyundai. Same 3.0D4D engine as the Fortuner means same issues and precautions when it comes to dirty diesel. The Hyundai's Bosch system might actually have less problems in the long run.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bjreyesmd View Post
    By experience, ang mga mahihilig sa kotse, kadalasan di umaabot ng 10 years, nagpapalit din, hehe. So my advice, follow your heart bro.
    Hehe true. Very true...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Prado gets my vote...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Toyota Prado diesel TX-L or hyundai Maxcruz?