New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Hey, anybody who wants to start a thread " Innova VVTi engine woes"?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I have a D4D M/T innova with 8,800 km., wala naman problema to date. Ang tipid
    sa diesel at ang sarap i-drive kasi ang lakas ng engine parang kotse lang dala mo hindi van at alam mong hindi ka kakapusin sa akyatan kahit puno ng kargada at pasahero, pang workhorse talaga. Pero the best ay ang tipid talaga at 9.5 -10 km/liter sa city driving with heavy traffic and full AC, except for the 5000 km change oil, hindi masakit sa bulsa.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    In which case, pag kumuha ka ng D4D ngayon is a matter of pure luck, not a matter of choice.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Heretic
    Round 1: Engine Performance
    According to a test conducted by c! Magazine, the diesel took 16.70 seconds to reach the 100km/h mark while it took the gas variant 15.41 seconds. If the difference does not mean much to you, and if the Innova is going to be used more as a utility vehicle, the torque would come in handy.
    D4D
    Well... that's for the A/T equipped Innova.

For the M/T equipped Innova, the D4D will go to 100kph in around 14++secs while the VVTi need 12++secs to do that.

12++secs puts it at compact car sedan category.

Top speed of the D4D A/T is 159kph (though the speedo is showing 169kph).
    Top speed of the D4D M/T is 151kph (though the speedo is showing 159kph). These was tested using the V-BOX equipment... speedo reading is a inaccurate.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by agreyes7110 View Post
    I have a D4D M/T innova with 8,800 km., wala naman problema to date. Ang tipid
    sa diesel at ang sarap i-drive kasi ang lakas ng engine parang kotse lang dala mo hindi van at alam mong hindi ka kakapusin sa akyatan kahit puno ng kargada at pasahero, pang workhorse talaga. Pero the best ay ang tipid talaga at 9.5 -10 km/liter sa city driving with heavy traffic and full AC, except for the 5000 km change oil, hindi masakit sa bulsa.
    hmm, how about the VVTi, what's the fuel consumption?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    innova night mist vvti a/t acquired feb 2005 and so far, everything's fine.

consumption is 9 km city/highway mix ( i live in muntinlupa and work in taguig )

took the car on a long trip to pagudpud and was able to get 14 km/l.

all consumption computations are done based on actual liter used and km covered. the car computer is a bit inaccurate...say 8-10% off.

accelaration is similar to 1600 sedan. used to own a 96 pajero and the innova vvti is much more agile.

get the gas variant.....it's worry free.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    i think INNOVA G got the vvti version so nasagot na ang question nya sa thread na 'to.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    tsambahan lang siguro sa D4D kasi yung sa pinsan ko 1yr na innova nila wala pang problem sa engine pero yung sa mp3/cd player nagparepair na siya. panay nga pa-alala ko na kapag may naramdaman or napansin na kakaiba sa engine dalin kaagad sa toyota hindi kasi siya masyado nag iinternet kaya di pa niya nababasa yung d4d thread.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by brubeck View Post
    innova night mist vvti a/t acquired feb 2005 and so far, everything's fine.

consumption is 9 km city/highway mix ( i live in muntinlupa and work in taguig )

took the car on a long trip to pagudpud and was able to get 14 km/l.

all consumption computations are done based on actual liter used and km covered. the car computer is a bit inaccurate...say 8-10% off.

accelaration is similar to 1600 sedan. used to own a 96 pajero and the innova vvti is much more agile.

get the gas variant.....it's worry free.
    Thanks for the info, sori po do ko kasi nasundan yung thread ng innova g, but then thanks for this reply...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    for me, diesel pa rin talaga mas praktikal sa buhay ngayon... mejo maingay nga lang makina ng diesel pero kung sa economy talaga, mas ok ang diesel. yung adventure 4d56 namin magte ten years na at 298,000 kms na tinatakbo nito pero proper maintenance lang lage, talagang panalo pa rin diesel... innova d4d ay 101HP, malakas na kaya yun. yun ginagamit ng HI ACE ngayon, mapa commuter or super grandia... malakas talaga ang d4d engine..

yun ngang 4d56 ay 72hp lang pero kayang kaya sa akyatan kahit sa rekta. eh yung 101hp d4d pa kaya??? enough na yung HP ng d4d..

secret is proper maintenace at pagmamahal sa sasakyan at ang sasakyan na rin ang magmamahal sayo...

gasoline or diesel + proper maintenance = best engine ever...

yun un ehhh....

diesel p rin para sa kin..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Toyota Innova VVTi V.S. Innova D4d!!