New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Helo po ulit. Yes, Nadelay ang pagkuha namin ng Innova pero I want to hear your opinions for the last time before we get one.(Most likely mid-november).

Round 1: Engine Performance
    We all know na mas mataas Hp ng VVti version but lacks the torque compare to D4d the question is ano ba mas important?? Considering that Innova is a heavy vehicle.

Round 2: Gas/Diesel Consumption
    Ndi lahat ng sasakyan na malakas sa gas e maganda ang performance and most like d2 e panalo ang diesel but does it perform better than a gas engine??

Round 3: Maintenance Cost
    Anu ba mas mabilis imentain?? Ano mas mahal sa maintenance?

Round 4: Engine Quality
    Life Span/Durability , Possible Malfunctions.

Round 5 Resale value
    Cguro nga mas mataas ang resale ng diesel variant pero mga ilang percent cheaper ang gas variant compare to diesel variant.

Asahan ko po replies and opinions nyo. Your knowledge will greatly affect our decision to what kind of innova we should buy. Advance Thank You!!

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Innova G
    Round 1: Engine Performance
    We all know na mas mataas Hp ng VVti version but lacks the torque compare to D4d the question is ano ba mas important?? Considering that Innova is a heavy vehicle.
    Based on a short test drive at the Fort, the vvti (despite having lesser torque than a d4d) actually accelerates marginally quicker than the d4d. The d4d engine comes alive at 40kph and above.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi number001,
    Funny, my experience with the Innovas was the other way around. When given the test drive on a short strip in Filinvest, Alabang, I felt that the VVTi wasn't cutting it, whereas the D-4D was more responsive. Of course, I would think this was the case coz the strip was basically a series of short straights and curves put together to make a slalom type of a track. I wonder how these same engines would behave on the open road.

Round 2: There's a thread on this board about the consumption of the D-4D and the VVTi. Hands down the D-4D is thriftier, but then I still wonder how these engines are on open roads. I don't think the D-4D will be that much slower than the VVTi.

Round 3: Gas engines are more "forgiving" in the sense that they don't need as much maintenance as their diesel brethren. This is still the case here even if D-4D is newer diesel technology. I would give my vote to the VVTi.

Round 4: Well, some (or should i say many?) still believe that the CRDi engines can't handle our dirty diesel. Until this can be firmly established in the Philippine setting, I'd take the safe stand and go for the VVTi just to spare me the additional maintenance concerns.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    If you intend to haul stuff, value good fuel economy and plan on keeping your Innova for the next 100,000 kms or so, get the diesel variant. Otherwise, you're better off with the gas variant (or a car).

Quote Originally Posted by IMm29
    Round 3: Gas engines are more "forgiving" in the sense that they don't need as much maintenance as their diesel brethren.
    Diesel engines last more than three times as long as gas engines before requiring a complete overhaul. Diesels can withstand greater internal stress, and they don't require as much parts i.e. spark plugs. The only disadvantage to diesel engines is their initial acquisition cost, but this is mainly due to their sturdier construction.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Take one look at this thread:

Toyota D4D Woes

VVTi is the way to go. Hehe...

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    I could only say about gas vs diesel engines (vvti vs d4d for this matter) is that... you get better realistic acceleration in the d4d (who the hell always launch from idle to redline?). Highway acceleration usually goes from 60kph to 100kph.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    For me D4d suck! Yes D4d is resposive kung mapaander mo!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    That's the thing about D-4D; it's still new tech, therefore it still has a long way to go to prove itself.

Wala pa ring tatalo sa 4D56...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    For me D4d suck! Yes D4d is resposive kung mapaander mo!
    Yeah, it sux!! BTW gaano kalakas ung back sensor alarm against a running D4D engine?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    were happy with our innova d4d unit. its really better than our crosswind in all aspects. less engine noise/vibrations, and its fast!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Toyota Innova VVTi V.S. Innova D4d!!