New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Regarding casa implied warranty. For a PMS, i've only had a warranty claim for a PMS/casa service with Nissan (specifically North Edsa) and they honored it and did not charge me for the part that I claimed for because they have a post it/sticker on the wall of their cashier pertaining to service (3mos) and parts (6mos) if memory serves me right. And it wasn't something I had to go higher up the chain via reporting to email with paper trail, they just waived the parts replacement while only charging me for other works I had done/serviced.

I can't remember the inside of Toyota casa anymore if they have anything like it posted anywhere so I can't actually answer on that part.

For Mitsubishi, I ended up having a battery replacement claim because I had an actual battery test done by MMPC Q Ave showing the bars that my battery was good. I brought it home. didn't use it for 2 days, and when i tried using it, the battery was completely dead (there was nothing left running at all on the car when it was brought home just for information). Here, I had to go up the chain with attachments and emailed MMPC themselves so that Q Ave will do something about it. In the end, I ended up getting a free change oil (cost of oil only) waived for fully synthetic as sort of "equivalent cost" to the battery I needed to replace (for its remaining usable life as it wasn't really brand new battery when it went into casa).

For right now, our vehicles, mine and my parents. Since they are out of warranty and more than 5 years old, I do about 2 turns PMS outside casa (gas station being Shell or Unioil for change oil mainly) on the 3rd cycle (most probably a 3rd year) it is done by casa.

But we don't have this done outside casa (CVTF Replacement and/or Reset) as a matter of course.
    cars you mentioned is a Toyota, Nissan and Mitsubishi.

Thread is mild-hybrid Geely vs a Turbo-Diesel Toyota

If buyer can "casa-maintain" the car during its entire lifespan, then the Okavango is a very good option.

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    cars you mentioned is a Toyota, Nissan and Mitsubishi.

Thread is mild-hybrid Geely vs a Turbo-Diesel Toyota

If buyer can "casa-maintain" the car during its entire lifespan, then the Okavango is a very good option.
    Yup. I acknowledge that. I had to add (via edit) I have no clue if Geely have got their after sales parts inventory stocks up in order to serve their increased customer base (yet).

I was also replying to post about implied warranty of parts done during a previous service inside casa. So I hope that clears it up.

Cheers!

And forgot to include my choice, Okavango is my personal choice rather than Innova.

I believe, cost wise, even the base model Okavango is a good buy already for the price. If you can already live with the specs and try to compare it to an equivalent spec'd out Innova, you are looking on the low end a price difference of 200k to a high end price difference of 400k php (approximation/ball park figure of difference between Okavango 1.5 Comfort to the Innova AT up to a "G" trim).

That price difference, as long as you are able to keep the car for about 10 years, should already cover depreciation cost, resale value difference and initial maintenance costs.

For Innova G AT at 1,592,000php vs Okavango Comfort at 1,218,000php. Assuming regular market annual depreciation of 10%.
    On the 10th year Innova will be at 555,096.08php. Okavango at 424,690.34. Difference of resale at about 125,000php eventhough they started having a price difference of 374,000php
    Assuming you have a higher initial deprec cost for okavango at 20% on the first year, it comes out to 377,502.52php. price difference at 177,593.56. Then at a certain point, cars tend to no longer depreciate much after coming to 12th-15th year old range and beyond. Prices here in the computation on the 10th year is just for thought exercise. Whether or not they hold value at the 10th year depends on market perception by the 10th year. So this is an example but a risk I do believe is worth taking for the vehicle you are getting.

I personally prefer just the Comfort AT Basemodel because I don't like too much tech in vehicles as if and when they break, headache and cost prohibitive to replace.

My thoughts.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    • MPV vs Pseudo-SUV

• Diesel vs "Mild" Hybrid

• Toyota reliability vs Chinese luxury

• Best-seller in SEA vs top upstart brand

Which one would you pick and why?
    i am wondering,
    how's the pms and parts supply of these popular chinese cars?
    how much do they cost?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am wondering,
    how's the pms and parts supply of these popular chinese cars?
    how much do they cost?
    good question. try ko tanungin officemate kong naka Coolray next week.

kasi ang dali sabihin na less than 4K, yun pala change oil lang ginawa.

may mga YouTube videos pa nga akong napanood na a Mitsubishi owner asked the casa na wag muna palitan oil nya since di nagamit yung sasakyan during lockdown.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    same here.. after 3years.. sa Honda pa din ako nagpapa PMS.. based na lang sa odo, so nangyayari every 6 months eh change oil lang.. kasi mababa naman odo.. and every 12 months palit cabin / air filter na nabibili ko sa Lazada.. 600 lang yung combo..

may out of warranty services ang Honda na sobrang baba lang dati.. regular oil lang pinapalagay ko every 6 months.. 1255 lang dati change oil..

eto na updated price nila now:

they can still adjust timing and engine idle?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    they can still adjust timing and engine idle?
    my fearless forecast,
    "yes they can, if instructed to. but with today's electronics-controlled engines, it might not be as easy as twirling some adjusting screw."
    chances are, they might want to replace some parts, as well.
    as i remember, casas don't usually clean or repair parts; they replace.

it's akin to having a suspension and steering adjust. one will have to replace some worn parts, for the "adjust" to last long.

some casa mechanics will sometimes do some extra work for free, if it's not that difficult to do.
    once, one such old-timer casa mechanic put in a rubber stopper on my break pedal, because i had lost mine thru the years.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 7th, 2022 at 11:18 AM.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Pag madali ka magsawa at every 3-5 years palit ka auto, pwede subok geely, sakto tapos warranty benta mo. Pag matagalan ka like 8-10 years bago benta...toyota ka.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234