New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Mitsubishi is aimed at heavy industry manufacturing whereas Toyota, Honda and Nissan focus more on the passenger car market.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I think brand loyalty... it depends on the country you live in. Apparently, in Australia many years ago, Land Rovers ruled the land with their Defenders. But since Toyota came to Australia with their Land Cruisers, LD seemed to have vanished into oblivion, until recently. I think it is all down to how people perceive the vehicle and/or the reliability of the car. Over here, you seldom see Mitsu Galant or Lancer. Most of the Mitsu's I see are of the Pajeros (they are called Shogun over here) or the Lancer Evolution. Over here, Honda still holds the reliability standing based on the current JD Power Survey. Toyota's are coming in second. I think it stems from the fact that Japanese workmanship (Toyota or Honda) goes beyond what people expect them to be. They are proud of their workmanship so they put their utmost effort in developing/building their cars -- hence their reliability. But then regardless of how "reliable" a car brand is, it all depends quite heavily on the car owner him/herself of how he/she maintains the car. A "reliable" brand can easily become "unreliable" because of the owner's own doing. The same holds true vice versa.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by medyas View Post
    Jun, Are you in Misawa AB?
    We're in the middle of farmland. But yes, my cousin works there. I kinda wished I went to Okinawa instead where I have another cousin...... I can't wait to get back to AZ. At least I can wear shorts there at noon.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; December 27th, 2006 at 07:08 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Toyota,Honda,Nissan, Mitsubishi