New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    You might also want to consider the new ford ranger 3.0 4x4. Those who were able to test-drive it swear that it is the most off-roadable new pick-up in the market today. I'm also in the hunt for a new pick-up and I chose the strada due to the fact that it would fit more my lifestyle.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Judging from your replies I'm more leaning towards the Strada. But just recently (as in this past weekend), I visited a Toyota dealership, and they said that they released a new set of Hilux which now has ABS and according to them "better rideablity". COULD ANYONE PLEASE CONFIRM THIS?? and could this new set solved the "choking problem" with the earlier D4D?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    "Better rideability" :lol: wala namang salitang ganun. And the Strada has [always] set the standard for ride comfort in the segment. Ask your agent what concrete things they did to make it ride better. Baka puro mumbo-jumbo lang ang isagot sa iyo nun. Toyota doesn't even allow buyers to test drive Hilux units! [See Orido's thread in the diesel forum]

Mitsu, Toyota, Isuzu, halos pare pareho lang ang long term reliability and maintenance nila (we've had experience with them all, magkakaiba ng years nga lang - Trooper, Pajero, Land Cruiser). For me the image of Toyota being reliable is not untrue. It's just that the competitors are also reliable nowadays.

I don't see any reason para magtiis sa bucking bronco ride ng Hilux when the Strada and DMax can perform the same function without dismantling my spine.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    ^^^ Pwede na lang sanang "more comfy ride" noh?

Anyways, +1 for Strada.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Baka nga dahil GLX yung na-test drive niya kaya niya nasabing matagtag, compared to the top-of-the-line GLS.

Anyways, I too cast my vote for the Strada. More value for money.

I've seen the new Ford Ranger ad, and it still bites the dust in terms of styling, IMO. Boxy pa rin eh.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Looks like we have a winner! drum roll please.....STRADA GLS 2.5 M/T it is!!

Thanks for all your input , no regrets on my choice, unless they release the 3.2L variant of the STRADA!! HAHAHAHA!!!!

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by riancruz View Post
    Looks like we have a winner! drum roll please.....STRADA GLS 2.5 M/T it is!!

Thanks for all your input , no regrets on my choice, unless they release the 3.2L variant of the STRADA!! HAHAHAHA!!!!
    Congrats! Pics of your mods on your new ride ha?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the hilux will probably beat the strada off-road (traditional territory of toyota trucks) and the hilux has greater carrying capacity and has a larger cab... but i would say the Strada is the better overall vehicle, especially for ride comfort and carlike ease of driving.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    congrats rian! :D

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by riancruz View Post
    Judging from your replies I'm more leaning towards the Strada. But just recently (as in this past weekend), I visited a Toyota dealership, and they said that they released a new set of Hilux which now has ABS and according to them "better rideablity". COULD ANYONE PLEASE CONFIRM THIS?? and could this new set solved the "choking problem" with the earlier D4D?

yes, the hilux has abs now plus front left wheel well cover, fabric sunvisor and aircon filter. thats d spec up made by toyota for the hilux dis year.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Toyota Hilux vs Mitsubishi L200 Strada/Triton