New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Guys need your input here, I am in the market for a brand new pick up and narrowed my choices between the new Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D 4X4 and the newer Mitsubishi L200 Strada 2.5 DID 4X4. I already test drove both nad have these conclusions:

TOYOTA HILUX M/T
    -Bigger Engine ( More power?? )
    -Nice suspensions ( Hindi masyadong matagtag )
    -Bigger Bed
    -Sound system is standard

MITSUBISHI STRADA M/T
    -Less powerfull engine
    -Medyo matagtag
    -Sleeker Body Design
    -Slightly smaller bed
    -Sound system is a KENWOOD with USB input
    -Has Tire Pressure monitor
    -has a rear power window
    -roomier interior cab

So far these are the things I noticed on both brands. Now I am still confised which one of these would be my choice. Would it be the POWERFUL Hilux or would it be the more sleeker and stylish Strada. PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Baligtad ata sir, I've test driven both units. Malayong mas maganda ang ride ng Strada compared sa Hilux. Check out our test drive reports sa Diesel Forum.

For me it's the Strada. Unless you need the Hilux's extra 24 horses or its extra payload capacity. Having driven both, I certainly could live with the Strada's engine.

Strada also has ABS [and dual SRS] as standard equipment.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    What will you be using it for? Will it be a daily driver or used to haul things? How long do you intend to keep the truck? Is resale value important? Is being the newest model important to you? There are so many things that need to be considered not just the stats.

The best thing to do is list the pros and cons of each and look at which one you think you could live with owning and driving. Everyone here will have their personal opinion on which one they want but ultimately you are the one that will have to live with and drive the vehicle. List each pros and assign points to each in order of importance and list each cons and do the same. Subtract the points for the cons from the pros and there you have the vehicle you want. But the next question is does that vehicle get you excited when you drive it or is that even important?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Strada. GLS.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    When we test driven the units at the Mitsu fair... Mas comfortable daw ang Strada kesa sa Grandis(which is a people carrier) yung ride (according my friend who's at the back seat). The same goes at the front ride as well.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    rian, you're the first who's said na mas matagtag strada. hehehe.

anyway, vote ko strada. it has the better ride and while its engine may look less powerful, it's giving away half a liter in displacement to the hilux kasi eh. heck, it even rode better than the grandis, but that's to consider too that the grandis has a nice ride.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    im new here, mas ok ang strada,hilux,porma lang yan, ayaw mo dmax?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Guys I will be using the pick up more as an off-road vehicle rather than a porma vehicle. I'm going to use it to carry a slightly heavy loads back and forth from our farm in a mountainous area.

About my test drive of the Strada, maybe its the test vehicle itself that gave me the wrong impression because the first thing I noticed is that "namanhid ang aking kamay" due to the vibration of the shifter (M/T). Another thing is that when I was driving the Strada, which by the way was a low end GLX 4x4 M/T, masyado syang matagtag, you could feel even the smallest bump on the road. Also, I noticed that the test vehicle had smaller wheels than the one displayed, could this cause the unfavorable riding experience i had with the STRADA???

Could you guys also help me identify the pros and cons of both pick up???

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    strada na lang.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Toyota Hilux vs Mitsubishi L200 Strada/Triton