New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Guys input naman kung ano mas ok sa dalawa pag dating sa engine, performance, reliabity, safety, fuel consumption etc. I am planning to purchase a van for family and business use. Actually the main purpose is for business use, school bus or rent a van then occasional use for family trips. Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by chris143135 View Post
    Guys input naman kung ano mas ok sa dalawa pag dating sa engine, performance, reliabity, safety, fuel consumption etc. I am planning to purchase a van for family and business use. Actually the main purpose is for business use, school bus or rent a van then occasional use for family trips. Thanks
    If you are comparing the 3.0 Hiace commuter vs 2.5 NV350 commuter, surely the hiace will top that interms of Speed.

3.0 Hiace Commuter
    Pros:
    1. Performance
    2. Parts availability outside casa
    3. Re-sale value
    Cons:
    1. Poor fuel consumption because of its bigger engine
    2. Rear Ventilation is up to the 2nd row only
    3. A bit pricey than NV350 Commuter. Around 1.4m php

2.5 NV350 Commuter
    Pros:
    1. Performance
    2. Freezing Air-condition and Rear Ventilation up to the last row
    3. The price is just right for a quality family van. Commuter type 1.2m php (Escapade Version 1.4m php)
    Cons:
    1. Parts availability outside casa. New in the market
    2. Re-sale Value

We have that two vans in our company and an old starex also. Between that three vans, i'll go with newer NV350 Urvan. Btw, the company got the Escapade version 12 seater, Touchscreen Head-Unit with TV,DVD,BT,etc., Reverse Camera and Sensors, Power lock and Alarm. Hope you like my opinions. Soon, our company will acquire Grand Starex but the low end version only (1.3m php). I'll give you inputs too. maybe sooner.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by chris143135 View Post
    I have the same plan and i'm getting nissan NV350 this april.
    Nissan NV350 has 129ps while OLD toyota commuter 2.5 has 102ps only but for 3.0 im not sure.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    im referring to commuter 2016 sir ung pinakabase model

5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ramones283 View Post
    If you are comparing the 3.0 Hiace commuter vs 2.5 NV350 commuter, surely the hiace will top that interms of Speed.

3.0 Hiace Commuter
    Pros:
    1. Performance
    2. Parts availability outside casa
    3. Re-sale value
    Cons:
    1. Poor fuel consumption because of its bigger engine
    2. Rear Ventilation is up to the 2nd row only
    3. A bit pricey than NV350 Commuter. Around 1.4m php

2.5 NV350 Commuter
    Pros:
    1. Performance
    2. Freezing Air-condition and Rear Ventilation up to the last row
    3. The price is just right for a quality family van. Commuter type 1.2m php (Escapade Version 1.4m php)
    Cons:
    1. Parts availability outside casa. New in the market
    2. Re-sale Value

We have that two vans in our company and an old starex also. Between that three vans, i'll go with newer NV350 Urvan. Btw, the company got the Escapade version 12 seater, Touchscreen Head-Unit with TV,DVD,BT,etc., Reverse Camera and Sensors, Power lock and Alarm. Hope you like my opinions. Soon, our company will acquire Grand Starex but the low end version only (1.3m php). I'll give you inputs too. maybe sooner.
    i appreciate your inputs sir. san nyo pla nakuha nyo sa escapade version? sa q ave kasi commuter lang meron. actually mas gusto ni misis nv350 ako naman hiace hehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thinking of this also as a UV Express type business or simply van/shuttle rental. Does anyone have extensive experience with the Nissan NV350?