New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Expensive nga, eh.

Good luck getting an SLEX contract... those guys can't seem to do anything right... and right now they're strapped for cash while doing the development... though I'm more optimistic about it now, seeing the amount of work they're pouring into it.

Ansarap gawing ambulance ang E-series na Ford... used to ride with my Lolo to the hospital for his treatments in one. Great, floating ride, and an endless wave of torque. It's also intimidating enough to push everyone out of the way.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ahhh those torquey V8s. Yes, OTEP, i would think that they're optimizing the gearing to be able to make the most of the 2.5L D-4D powerplant for such a large beast. Otherwise, even if it's got the 'T' badge, I wouldn't think it'd sell well. That's a little gripe I have with the CRDi Starex. If you get it within its sweet spot, you'll be enjoying the waves of power and torque. But below that, darn, slow mo.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Mas maganda yung upper end ng Starex... whereas the Toyota 2.5 D4D really starts to lose serious urge past 2000 rpm. The bigger engine in the Hiace feels like it's got more "oomph" than the 2.5, though...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I see GL Grandia pala yan sa inyo,actually mas practical to kaysa sa Ford E series vans noon na ambulance(that one costs 5-6M Pesos these days,i know these cause sumubok na kami sa ambulance service business)..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We were supposed to get a Ford E-series for Makati duty. Unfortunately, the E-series won't fit in some side streets and cannot be accomodated by overhead/underground parking structures. We need the capability to enter parking structures because sometimes that is where we have to rescue people. I think the deepest the Grandia has gone to is basement 5 to rescue a patient who was having medical problems in his car.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I see may malaki talagang advantage ang GL Grandia over sa Ford E Series.

Ok din naman ang Commuter pero maliit nga lang and a bit bare..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Commuter is very bare. Considering the types of clients we handle, the Grandia was a sensible choice. Not as bare as the commuter but not as over the top as the E-series rigs.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Hi,

Just want to ask if it is normal to have rotors of Toyota Commuter van replaced if you only bought the van in November 2009. We use it sparingly but recently rent it out to our clients sa travel agency.

Any advice?

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Toyota Hi-ace Commuter vs Grandia