New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Junichiro View Post
    How is the FC, after-sales of your Starex so far sir? Have you been experiencing trouble with the Hyundai dealership services?

Mostly tao nman ang sasakay sir, with some occational cargo around 70-100kg at the back.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk
    Bought our starex at gray market. So i cannot comment for hari service. Ok experience namin. Mura pms kasi dala ako sarili oil. May naclaim na rin na warranty. Sa suspension part

Starex is longer and wider than hiace
    Hiace is taller than starex

Sent from my HM 1S using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    Agree with Eq. It is a much more refined package. Engine, interior appointments, ergonomics, etc. It is really wide though. 105 mm wider than the GL Grandia. Narrow parking slots will be an issue. Ground clearance given its long wheelbase might also be an issue with large speed bumps.

Even if you're not confident about the long term reliability and/or durability of the Kia, just sell it after 5 years. The Hiace will of course command better residuals but you pay more up front for it anyway.
    My relative's 2011 LX LWB Carnival has the same width and only slightly shorter wheelbase and length than the current model. The tires have been upsized from the original 225/70/R16 to 245/70/R16. I've driven it to Baguio and have traversed many unpaved roads and steep inclines. Never scraped anything so far. The length takes some getting used to while parking, but nothing a backup camera won't fix. The width may cause you some difficulty with the front doors in tight parking slots, but not too much as the numbers may suggest.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    My relative's 2011 LX LWB Carnival has the same width and only slightly shorter wheelbase and length than the current model. The tires have been upsized from the original 225/70/R16 to 245/70/R16. I've driven it to Baguio and have traversed many unpaved roads and steep inclines. Never scraped anything so far. The length takes some getting used to while parking, but nothing a backup camera won't fix. The width may cause you some difficulty with the front doors in tight parking slots, but not too much as the numbers may suggest.

Good to know. The only other issue for me with the new Carnival is the forward visibility. The hood is a bit high.

How is the old Carnival's suspension holding up?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    Good to know. The only other issue for me with the new Carnival is the forward visibility. The hood is a bit high.

How is the old Carnival's suspension holding up?
    The old Carnival has a rather low hood so hirap ako magtancha. Once my newbie driver cousin (anak nung kamag anak kong may ari) clipper the front bumper because she couldn't see the end of the hood.

Suspension is holding up very well so far. Nothing replaced yet and no kalampag whatsoever. Mileage is only 36tkms though. No sounds from the interior trim as well. There are quite a lot of hard plastic surfaces but its very well screwed together.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Junichiro View Post
    Thanks for the input sir. Yes the exterior styling and all its power amenities makes it feel more upscale than the rest. How are its FC and after sales so far?

Re. The pricing, when I inquired recently, the SRP of the 11str was at Php1.725M before discount, putting it squarely against the Grandia and Starex. Would you still consider it as good value for money?

Fc is about 6-7 km/liter pure hell traffic city driving. I got mine on promo for 1.5m so that was a great deal (last year).

As for service.....no headaches naman with Kia. They dont gouge you with fees. Its the same engine in the sorento, santa fe (even the older model) etc so it is tried and tested.

Very good power especially on the low end. Will never over work the engine unless you drive like Mad Max.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    For me sa Kia ako for this comparo. Nung nag-check ako ng showroom unit, I was really amazed for the features. Personally leatherette seat covers nalang ang kulang sa carnival. But ang medyo hindi ko lang gusto are the quality of the hard plastics and head unit. The former is almost similar to Hilux Vigo and latter can be remedied by a Pioneer headunit but can't really complain kasi bang for the buck na.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Carnival is of an entirely different class to the Hiace and Starex. While the Carnival is considered a worthy alternative to USDM minivans like the Toyota Sienna and the Honda Odyssey both of which cost well into the 3M range in the gray market, the Hiace and Starex are often used as panel vans or equipment haulers in European countries.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Great deal indeed sir. It was around php1.65m mid-last year when I saw it, until they repeatedly jacked up the price. Maybe because it's selling well, so I'm afraid it would increase further as time passes.

Fc not bad I guess for its size and bulk? Good to hear its reliability and after service. Thank you for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Fc is about 6-7 km/liter pure hell traffic city driving. I got mine on promo for 1.5m so that was a great deal (last year).

As for service.....no headaches naman with Kia. They dont gouge you with fees. Its the same engine in the sorento, santa fe (even the older model) etc so it is tried and tested.

Very good power especially on the low end. Will never over work the engine unless you drive like Mad Max.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Thanks for the opinion sir. I agree. Fabric seats, hard plastic and lack of safety aids (which is also the case for Grandia), okay ung packaging niya for its price. I only wished the 4th row could had in 60:40 or 50:50 config for improved flexibility in cargo space. No brainer Carnival na sana. Haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepcare View Post
    For me sa Kia ako for this comparo. Nung nag-check ako ng showroom unit, I was really amazed for the features. Personally leatherette seat covers nalang ang kulang sa carnival. But ang medyo hindi ko lang gusto are the quality of the hard plastics and head unit. The former is almost similar to Hilux Vigo and latter can be remedied by a Pioneer headunit but can't really complain kasi bang for the buck na.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    The Carnival is of an entirely different class to the Hiace and Starex. While the Carnival is considered a worthy alternative to USDM minivans like the Toyota Sienna and the Honda Odyssey both of which cost well into the 3M range in the gray market, the Hiace and Starex are often used as panel vans or equipment haulers in European countries.

Well that's true sir. In terms of refinement, amenities and the getting the worth of money, hands down Carnival. But there's also this part of us (especially my mom) that simply couldn't dismiss the practicality of Grandia (or Starex).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast