New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    With the never ending fluctuation of fuel prices (mostly upwards), people are now heading for diesel as it is in the 70's. Not surprisingly, I'm actually seeing more recently purchased 2.5 li D-4D Fortuner than the 2.7 vvt-i (bec. of its consumption rate) or even the 3.0 D-4D (bec. of its price). I know they are recent bec. their plates start with Z H * - * * * ; Z J * - * * *, Z K * - * * *.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    My brother actually has the new Everest 4x2. Its a little bigger than the Fortuner. Even with a revamped interior, the design is backward compared to the Fortuner. The instrumentation is Hulk green all over, unlike the Toyota which is white and very modern. The second row seat easily tumbles down for quick access. But even for the second row, the floor is too high and uncomfortable. This due to its too common design to the Ranger. Don't even ask about the third row. The Fortuner has way better rear seat which offer better comfort than the Everest. The Ford doors closes with a clunk rather airtight sound of any Toyota. The Everest uses same suspension as the Ranger, which is rear leaf-springs. The Fortuner uses coil spring. Both are incredibly bouncy, but much bouncier on the Ford.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    Yep, Sta Fe is nice... But lets keep it open and avoid that someone might hack into this thread and praise it likes it god of all cuv's. Like what he always do. :sigh:

Back to the topic...Nakita ko sa SM southmall yung top of the line 07 Everest w/ complete entertainment package- DVD system w/ headrest mounted 7"LCD's. Ganyan ba ang naka-promo na everest?

Isama mo na rin sa research mo yung Alterra

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    dba Sorento may nilabas na bagong 7seater daw...ung may pic si niky na umiiyak

isama na yun sa list! :bwahaha:

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I suggest you test drive both models and feel for yourself their power, convenience and handling. Then ask the dealer their best offer for comparison and value for your money.
    Lastly, go to the owners thread so you can observe some common problems. You will be buying a vehicle that you expect will give you trouble free and long-lasting service so think also about the comparison between them after 5-10 years.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Fortuner! Hahahaha sure na sure pa, tignan mo na lang stock na gulong nung Everest, ang taba. Di maganda shape parang donut.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by centum View Post

Back to the topic...Nakita ko sa SM southmall yung top of the line 07 Everest w/ complete entertainment package- DVD system w/ headrest mounted 7"LCD's. Ganyan ba ang naka-promo na everest?

Isama mo na rin sa research mo yung Alterra
    sir, 4X2 lang ang naka promo hndi yung TOTL

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    you should really test drive it.. but for me i will go with the everest..

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    okey yun fort if 3.0L kunin mo,if tight ka sa budget hnap ka ng good low mileage 2nd hand na 4x4 fort,all wheel drive exceptional stability on wet surfaces,shift on the fly 4wd system,maganda cornering pg nka all wheel drive,..sa speed..compared against a 3.0L everest and 3.0L fort...hmmmm..of korz lamang sa arankada ang everest kc malakas torque,pgdating ng top end medyo lamang na ang fort na iiwan na ang everest considering stock to stock,modified against modified all out syempre lamang na fort,acceleration,speed...it can go 200kph easily in all out form..weve tested it..we have tested modifying the everst engine with the same mods sa fort,ecu upgrade,boost coolers,intake and exhaust..fort pa rin..acceleration 8.56-9sec sa fort,everst 10.-10.48 sec 0-100...modified..sa 2.5L d4d pwede mo rin e modify same sa mga mods na ginwa namin sa 3.0L..kya kahit 2wd lng hindi kna masyado underpowered.. stock rear wheel hp ng 2.5L fort dyno tested is 95hp lng hehehe

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Kung ako rin ang mamimili, Fortuner talaga ang kukunin ko (3.0 D-4D or 2.7 VVT-i). tama si lytspid, kung masyadong mahal yung Fortuner 3.0 D-4D na brand new, kumuha kayo ng second hand na halos brand new condition. kasi medyo mababa ang power ng 2.5 D-4D sa fortuner. or i modify mo yung engine kung may extra money pa kayo.

halos ka presyo lang ng brand new na 2.5 D-4D yung 2nd hand na 3.0 D-4D.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Toyota Fortuner or FORD Everest