New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by precor_88 View Post
    Again, I beg to differ,Like what happen to me recently, I sold my 99 revo at P340k and bought it bnew 7 yrs ago at P620k, Tapos with a badge pa na tamaraw fx, alam naman natin incl me na ginagawang taxi at service ang revo at lahat na yata ng pintas sinabi na at flooded talaga ng revos ang streets if auv ang pinaguusapan. but alas, Im still lucky I sold it more than 50%!! with 7 yrs of service.Yung iba nga 2 yrs lang, more than half na depreciation eh..So siguro swertehan lang makahanap ng buyer.
    that's the best thing about cars priced above 600k and below 1M. even if more than 5 years na, hindi ganun kabagsak ang resale value.

but we're talking about cars priced at more than 1.3M. whether we like it or not, mas delikado talaga bumili ng mga ganito cars coz malaki possibility na mag-half the price or below 1M kagad in the span of 2 years or more. that's why if we are going to invest at a car more than 1.3M, we'd better be sure than the car has the advantage of becoming a keeper car - can stay with us from 7 to 12 years para hindi naman malugi.

I'll define a keeper car sa sarili ko understanding.

(1) a keeper car can shield you from low resale value. kung dami na naman bnew cars and oversupply used cars 3-5 years from now (which is very likely to happen), keep the car na lang. add 3 to 5 years more of car usage, sobrang sulit na yun. resale value isnt a priority anymore.

(2) a keeper car can protect you from impulsive purchases and unnecesary expenses. since SUVs/Pickups have high elevation. less chances maging sirain sa road conditions natin (unlike sedans/vans). Keepers cars can also discourage from buying irresistible bnew cars with irresistible promos and freebies in the future. madali mo ma-weigh eh, kamado mo ng husto keeper car mo compared to a new unknown expensive car. (main reason why up to know daily driver ko pa din Strada '00). imagine dami lumabas in between those years na gusto ko bilhin sana, 2nd gen CRV, Escape, Innova, Fortuner, Mazda3, Crosswind XUV etc ... . any of those desirable cars kung nabili ko, malaki ang effect sa financials ko. If I followed my desire, baka wala na ako bago business ngaun.

(3) lastly, a keeper car should have the technology of the future. and ano pa ba yun kundi fuel-efficient cars like CRDi, D4D para naman tumagal ng more than 5 years. Hyundai, Kia, Toyota D4D, and other CRDi engines are in the best position talaga. unfortunately, The Fortuner is not that promising. how can it be a keeper car if you'll incur 100k repair bills after warranty. with Hyundai or other Koreans, subok na dito and we have Starex CRDi na proven and tested na.

if it's not a keeper car (like for example sedans, vans, some auvs, mpvs, mini-cars), resale value is very important. kasi yun din ang pang-down mo sa bnew car. malaki maitutulong nun.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    well sabi ko nga sayo and I admitted it sa post ko above, I was one of those ridiculing hyundai pero we ended up buying one.
    Hehe... being able to change one's perception of the product when presented with evidence of their quality is a good thing.

I've said elsewhere, if your only advantage is being cheap, then once something cheaper comes along, you lose the customers you gained by being cheap.

But if you can be cheap while still maintaining decent quality, those customers are more likely to stay for the long run. Hyundai is hopefully building up its reputation amongst these customers, and in a few years, the "disposable" Hyuundais of the past will be nothing more than a footnote in their history.

-----

And of note, AUVs are a poor comparison. What I like to point at is the amount of bonuses you get for the price. An AUV, typically, is a much simpler vehicle than even other vehicles in its class, thus, it retains more of its brand new value. An Isuzu Crosswind maintains 50% of its value over 5 years, too. A relatively bare and simple first generation Honda City sells for over 240k (I'm amazed that people actually buy them at that... a friend did) after seven years... almost 50% of brand new value... whereas a Civic VTi from the same time will sell for almost the same price... at 30% of brand new value.

Vehicles like the Revo, City or Crosswind will always appeal as economical and practical vehicles, thus they'll keep their value longer than, say, a Starex, which has a relatively big and thirsty turbodiesel engine (people will rather go for the simpler diesels of an L300, Urvan or Hiace), or either of the SUVs being discussed here.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    well sabi ko nga sayo and I admitted it sa post ko above, I was one of those ridiculing hyundai pero we ended up buying one.
    Kaya nga bro, easy ka lang and I might end up buying one too..there is nothing wrong if you scrutinized a product, mas maganda nga makita mo lahat ng sides.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Kaya nga bro, easy ka lang and I might end up buying one too..there is nothing wrong if you scrutinized a product, mas maganda nga makita mo lahat ng sides.
    anong easy easy pinagsasabi mo dyan ... hehehe jok lang po. i'm cool pre. dont worry i'm not the type na nagkikim-kim ng sama ng loob hehehe

anyway, it has been two weeks since we had our sta fe:
    now let me enumerate naman what I dont like about this car:

1. ...
    2. ???

wala talaga ako maisip dre eh hahahaha

kidding aside,

1. hindi dual aircon yun Sta fe CRDi. mayroon lang siya switch sa front, to enable the aircon vents sa third row but still using the same aircon. even yun tig 500k namin (low-resale) Chevy venture namin talo siya kasi dual aircon yun. buti pa yun mga auvs. but the aircon's ok naman, malamig and malakas but of course kasi bago. wait and see na lang months from now.

2. no backup sensors. siguro naman for the top-of-the line Hyundai na available locally, sana bigay na nila nito no.

3. the built-in stereo still has a tape deck. (for the love of God, sa age ba naman ng MP3 players eh meron pa nito) hindi na lang ginawa 6-disc changer yun sa laki ba naman ng stereo nya. waste of precious space.

4. the included security system does not auto-lock the doors. or at least yan na na-observe ko. nakarating na ko sa destination ko, naka-unlock pa din.

5. the hatchback door (or yun ba tawag dun), has only one way to open. as in buong door. even the 1st gen crv, puwede mo buksan yun glass window lang.

6. no mudguards! for a car this tall, siguro naman hindi masyado masakit sa bulsa ng Hyundai lagyan ng mudguards ito. lakas magputik sa ilalim kung umuulan.

7. the back door handle. if you'll check out the back pics of our Hyundai earlier that I posted. para kang may dalang echolac bag or something. siguro naman panahon na para i-conceal yun. baka pag-tripan pa ng batang lansangan at sumabit.

8. last but not least, the remote control. wow the biggest remote control for only two buttons! it's almost 3/4 the height of a nano Ipod. but it's as thin naman.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The tailgate handle is a trademark Sta. Fe styling element. So medyo love it or hate it siya. But hey, it's functional.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Well... since we are just comparing the 4x2 variants of the Santa Fe & Fortuner then we can probably deduce that its purpose is primarily for city & highway use.

In this case, the Php 150K premium of the Santa Fe will buy you the following:
    - 33% more hp (150hp vs 102hp)
    - 60% more torque (335Nm vs 200Nm)
    - an extra gear (5AT vs 4AT)
    - self-leveling suspension
    - rear disc brakes
    - projector type lamps
    - leather seats

Pound-for-pound the Santa Fe does make sense.

forget to mention, the "ride".iba yung comfort ng santa fe, even better than other sedans(like my 8th gen civic, IMO).

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Another thing, sa mga owners ng Sta Fe, Bago ba kayo kumuha ng unit ninyo, hindi ba kayo nagdalawang isip kunin or b4 kayo kumuha ay pinintasan niyo rin ang sta fe?? just a thought..
    hwaaaaaah! guilty ako dyan! tagal kong di pinapansin yung thread about santa fe. anyway di lang ako..andyan c oldblue, mazda,mazda at marami pa cguro.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    idol ko talaga si olblue....natatawa ako tuwing binabasa ko yung mga "panlalait" niya sa santa fe dati. buti ako tikom ang bibig kundi isa pa ako....hehee!...ot na!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
Toyota Fortuner 4x2 2.5D4d vs. Hyundai Sta. Fe 4x2 2.2Crdi