New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    ano ba mas ok? kasi im planning to buy a car. and yun sa corona naka 3SGE daw na engine anu ba ibig sabihin neto? fuel consumption?

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    3SFE is the engine code. Its a 2.0 liter.

I'm biased bec. I have owned a '96 Corona before. I'll get the Corona over the Series 3 anytime. Its more comfortable. Engine has lots of torque.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sn0wbLind View Post
    ano ba mas ok? kasi im planning to buy a car. and yun sa corona naka 3SGE daw na engine anu ba ibig sabihin neto? fuel consumption?
    The 3SGE engine is toyota's 2.0L engine that can produce 180hp to 200hp depending on variant.

Given that it takes fuel to produce horsepower, if you often floor the gas, fuel will be flying out of the tailpipe faster than you can say "ouch".

Also given the Corona is a relatively big car, fuel economy isn't as good as the corolla.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Exsior ang kunin mo bro, we had that model since brand new, ang tibay niyan, radiator lang ang nasira (nabiyak yung plastic) easily repaired, tsaka power steering repair kit. Till it was victimized by ondoy, thats why we gave it up. Pero kung hindi for keeps yan autong yan.

Fuel consumption is normal like any other 2.0 cars. just like our current lancer EX.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    2 liter cars of that vintage average 5-6 km/li. my series 3, 1.4 manual gives me at least 8 km/li. but i must admit, the corona 1990s is more comfortable. ah well, nothing is free..

Toyota Corona ex saloon 1994 or Nissan Sentra SERIES 3