New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hi guys just want to ask your opinion regarding what to choose, advantages and disadvantages of both models

I have a 97 glxi a/t lancer which I'm in the process of making it japanese version with a mirage trunk and 16s on it. I'm now planning on selling it right after getting a pretty nice 99-00 manual gli corolla which I'm planning to right away convert it to euro version.

I know I'll be needing extra money for the upgrade but I'm not happy with those corollas that I've seen for the past month. Either price is too high or not as impressive as what I expect.

My lancer is well maintained in and out. Without any "kalampag" on it, I'm now looking for a corolla with the same condition with my lancer. Unfortunately I haven't seen any.

One more thing, how much it would cost me to convert the corolla to euro with facelift? There's this friend of mine who introduced to his friend and told me it would cost me 30k to convert it to euro 1 (change hood to fiber glass, grills, headlights and painting) is it cheap?

Hope you can help me guys decide whether to retain my lancer or to change to a corolla which I want to convert to a euro

Thanks so much

djmoo

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by djmoo View Post
    Hi guys just want to ask your opinion regarding what to choose, advantages and disadvantages of both models

I have a 97 glxi a/t lancer which I'm in the process of making it japanese version with a mirage trunk and 16s on it. I'm now planning on selling it right after getting a pretty nice 99-00 manual gli corolla which I'm planning to right away convert it to euro version.

I know I'll be needing extra money for the upgrade but I'm not happy with those corollas that I've seen for the past month. Either price is too high or not as impressive as what I expect.

My lancer is well maintained in and out. Without any "kalampag" on it, I'm now looking for a corolla with the same condition with my lancer. Unfortunately I haven't seen any.

One more thing, how much it would cost me to convert the corolla to euro with facelift? There's this friend of mine who introduced to his friend and told me it would cost me 30k to convert it to euro 1 (change hood to fiber glass, grills, headlights and painting) is it cheap?

Hope you can help me guys decide whether to retain my lancer or to change to a corolla which I want to convert to a euro

Thanks so much

djmoo
    imho. retain mo na lang lancer mo.... wala naman pala syang problem eh. tapos converted na....

unless you've got lots of moolah down there...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    bakit mo pa ipapaconvert corolla to euro may nabibili naman na 2nd hand na euro version nun

Toyota Corolla (Euro) vs. Mitsubishi Lancer (Pizza Pie)