New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gusto ko rin ang Mazda 3, no doubt. 3 years free PMS nga pero mas mahal naman so bawi lang.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by TopEngine View Post
    Gusto ko rin ang Mazda 3, no doubt. 3 years free PMS nga pero mas mahal naman so bawi lang.
    Mazda 3 1.5 (945,000) is cheaper than the Toyota Altis 1.6V (999,000).

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Ang daming parang hindi man lang nagreresearch.

For those who can't be bothered to do a bit of reading before parting with close to a million (or most likely borrowing close to a million), here are some facts:
    - The Mazda 3, along with all other Mazda vehicles, have free maintenance for 3 years. That includes parts and labor for almost everything (oil, filter, fluids, etc). If you will put each maintenance visit at 4000 pesos every 6 months/10000 km, that's P72,000 of savings.
    - The Mazda 3 1.5V is speced similarly to the Altis 1.6V (both have climate control, push start ignition, 4-wheel disc brakes, Bluetooth connectivity, etc). The Mazda is only P945k. The Altis is P999k. Therefore, the Mazda 3 is cheaper.

Other things to consider:
    - Once warranty expires, maintenance of the Mazda should be similar to the Altis if you have it done at any reputable shop outside casa. Parts for the Mazda also exist in Banawe. But since both the Altis and Mz3 are new, parts are pretty hard to come by.
    - The Altis is much more spacious than the Mazda 3
    - The Altis has noticeably more power (esp in low revs) than the Mazda 3
    - From my experience, the Mazda has sharper steering and more planted suspension
    - Historically, the Altis has better resale value over the same-gen Mazda 3. Most likely that this will be the case with this generation.

I'm not against Toyota. The Altis is a great car. I am against uninformed forumers basing their decisions and recommendations on outdated/erroneous data.

I'm also looking at these two cars and am still torn. It's space and power vs. handling and soul. Pretty hard choice but I think you can't go wrong with either.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    about Mazda's yojin3..

"Assuming that it will cost P4,000 for one regular maintenance session and that it is done twice a year, that would just equate to P24,000 discount."

"The more costly PMS appointments usually occur after the 3 year period, assuming 20,000 km traveled each year."

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    - The Mazda 3, along with all other Mazda vehicles, have free maintenance for 3 years. That includes parts and labor for almost everything (oil, filter, fluids, etc). If you will put each maintenance visit at 4000 pesos every 6 months/10000 km, that's P72,000 of savings.

I am against uninformed forumers basing their decisions and recommendations on outdated/erroneous data.
    Erroneous data indeed. How can you live with yourself if you're against people like yourself?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Erroneous data indeed. How can you live with yourself if you're against people like yourself?
    Pardon the math. Multiplied it by 3 twice. But 24k is still 24k.

Regardless of the number, the message is the same.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hahahahaha. Yes the message is the same. Erroneous data is erroneous data, no matter what. Simple math is simple math.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Mazda 3 avg pms cost is around 7k (based on my experience). So around 42k for 3 years.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Malaking bagay ba ung resale value? Ako kasi I dont consider it in my decision. A lot of the buyers kasi resale value ang iniisip kaya toyota pinipili. Di pa nga binibili ung kotse, pagbenta na ang nasa isip. Nothing wrong with that if u see ur car as just an appliance.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by franee View Post
    Mazda 3 avg pms cost is around 7k (based on my experience). So around 42k for 3 years.
    One should based the savings on the PMS cost of the car being compared, in this case a Toyota. Toyota PMS cost is usually cheaper.

Hmmm ... ... ... 4,000 x 3 x 3 = 36,000, not 24,000 ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast