New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by b0y37 View Post
    Siguro, only time will tell kung ok ang skyactive technology sa pinas. Para sa akin lang, habang nagiging high-tech yung sasakyan, mas malaki yung chance na may masira. Kung ako yung bibili NGAYON, Corolla. Pero kung after a year, at wala namang nababalita na problema sa Mazda 3, dito na ako.
    Skyactiv is not really new. Its been in use for a couple of years already. In fact it was a winner as one of Ward's 10 Best Engines for 2012. Although it was the 2.0L variant of the Mazda3 that won the award, the performance/reliability of the 1.5L shouldnt be far from the 2.0L.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    If u want to be practical, nothing beats Mazda's yojin3. Imagine 3 yrs free PMS. Laking bagay nun.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ^^^ Practical is getting a Toyota.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    ^True. A Toyota is a Toyota is a Toyota.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Labo. Libre na nga yung PMS sa isa pero mas practical pa rin Toyota?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Its the mentality of saying that toyota is the most reliable brand when in fact its one of the auto manufacturers with the largest auto recalls.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2013

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    People can bash Toyota all they want but they can't deny that Toyota is still number one in many markets including this country. If a buyer wants to be practical and most are, they would choose a Toyota or Honda. Just look at 2014 U.S. sales charts, Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic are at the top, Mazda 3 is even lower than Hyundai Elantra despite all the rave and glowing reviews, consumers still want to be practical.

FYI, will also choose the Mazda 3 over the Altis. Even considering current vehicle for a Mazda 3 but will wait for specs of Mazda 2.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I dont think that most number of sales equates to being practical. I just think Toyota & Honda are very good in selling cars, while the marketing people of Mazda sucks. I dont hate toyota, we even have 2 toyotas at home. I just think its wrong for people to buy/choose cars by basing it on the brand alone.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by barracudaxxx View Post
    I dont think that most number of sales equates to being practical. I just think Toyota & Honda are very good in selling cars, while the marketing people of Mazda sucks. I dont hate toyota, we even have 2 toyotas at home. I just think its wrong for people to buy/choose cars by basing it on the brand alone.
    It just happens that the common Filipino consumer has brand loyalty and has a hard time getting over previous notions/observations/opinions. Nissan and Mazda is still suffering from its old outlook. Korean brands are still tagged as unreliable. Some still think VW only applies to the venerable Beetle even though it has such a wide range of models (and brands). Even some have no idea that all gasoline sold by the big suppliers are unleaded.
    Last edited by Egan101; May 23rd, 2014 at 03:03 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast