New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Ano tingin niyo mas sulit bilhin? Price difference is about 55K.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Yojin-3 promo (free maintenance) plus 55k is worth a lot already. Not sure how efficient the 1.5L SkyActiv but the 2.0L and 2.5L versions prove to be efficient for engines at such a displacement (10-11 km/L for the 2.0L and 9-10 km/L for the 2.5L).

+1 on the Mazda3

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    A different non technical reply, since both can bring you from point A to B. Plus minus nalang sa features and gimmicks and also the price.

If you're a sigurista, the one who wants to blend in the crowd, Altis. If you're the " I wanna be different, and I'm aware there are risks since its new and untested but its all worth it" type then get the Mazda.
    Last edited by oliver1013; April 11th, 2014 at 11:49 AM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Too early to judge since di pa natin alam ung full spec ng Mazda 3 1.5V. I've been a fan of the SkyActiv engines since I had my CX-5 but I am not paying for a bare Mazda 3 just because of the SkyActiv engine at that price point. If it is a mid trim equivalent, I'd say Mazda 3.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    A mid trim Civic 1.8L AT plus discounts will be another option.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mas sulit pa din sa akin yung altis, because of the resale value, imho.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Albastru View Post
    Too early to judge since di pa natin alam ung full spec ng Mazda 3 1.5V. I've been a fan of the SkyActiv engines since I had my CX-5 but I am not paying for a bare Mazda 3 just because of the SkyActiv engine at that price point. If it is a mid trim equivalent, I'd say Mazda 3.
    Well, the 1.5L Mazda 3 V has:

1.5L SkyActiv Engine 110hp 144Nm
    16-inch Wheels
    Halogen Head Lamps
    Dual Airbags
    Dynamic Stability Control
    7-inch Touchscreen with Commander Control
    6-Speed AT w/ Paddle Shifters
    Yojin3

Not really bare, sulit pa nga in my opinion.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by germs View Post
    Well, the 1.5L Mazda 3 V has:

1.5L SkyActiv Engine 110hp 144Nm
    16-inch Wheels
    Halogen Head Lamps
    Dual Airbags
    Dynamic Stability Control
    7-inch Touchscreen with Commander Control
    6-Speed AT w/ Paddle Shifters
    Yojin3

Not really bare, sulit pa nga in my opinion.
    Performance na lang ng engine ang hinihintay. If the 1.5L can match the 1.6 in perceived performance and economy, Mazda 3 is the winner here. Well at least if you don't factor in the resale value which can be negated by the Yojin3...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Resale value will only be a factor if you intend to sell the car within the next few years. If you intend to keep the car for some time, then resale value is not much of a consideration.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Albastru View Post
    Performance na lang ng engine ang hinihintay. If the 1.5L can match the 1.6 in perceived performance and economy, Mazda 3 is the winner here. Well at least if you don't factor in the resale value which can be negated by the Yojin3...
    Palagay ko naman. The old 1.6L had to make do with 103hp and 144Nm which were only achievable at higher rpm levels. It also had a primitive 4-speed auto and an early application of drive-by-wire, which made it a bit sluggish. I would think that the combo of the SkyActiv engine, 6-speed tranny (which has always had good reviews), and the improved throttle (floor mounted with kickdown switch), will give a more responsive drive.

Quick question, do other cars in this segment/price point have DSC/Traction Control? I would think that others only have ABS+EBD.
    Last edited by germs; April 14th, 2014 at 02:11 PM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast