New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Thanks for you replies guys!

Camry 3.5Q is out of the selection since I have a friend who owned one and he claims it's really a gas guzzler. He actually sold it already after 3000 kms.

I or my wife will be the one to drive, whichever sedan hehe!

I actually drove a 320i before at a BMW Expo, ganda talaga ng handling. Ang ganda din kasi ng Camry especially the Pearl White color. Mapapaisip talaga.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    320d is 2.99M not 2.6M (320 gas)

totoo preference and money lang yan

pwede din add ang newMB c class
    over time MB's have a higher resale value compared to a BM

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    if I am in that budget area, mag-european din ako. gusto ko din ng BMW kahit yun hatchback nga lang

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you're going to get a driver to drive it for you, the Toyota is probably a good choice. Unless you want to spend time with him trying to teach him the intricacies of BMW operation.

Our family driver couldn't even find the wiper switch on a Mercedes! I told him to read the owner's manual, I don't think he did.

Up to now he can't drive my W123 smoothly.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    If you're going to get a driver to drive it for you, the Toyota is probably a good choice. Unless you want to spend time with him trying to teach him the intricacies of BMW operation.

Our family driver couldn't even find the wiper switch on a Mercedes! I told him to read the owner's manual, I don't think he did.

Up to now he can't drive my W123 smoothly.
    Well, as for me, I want to own a W124 Estate. Sana may pera...

The Camry is nice, but all the power driven to an FF? Front wheelspin can be found in there and understeer as well. Even 4WD's has understeer.

The New C-Class is also great. Lots of new stuff in this new car.
    iam3739.com

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well, if the family driver is driving it, you don't want him to have 270+ hp under his right foot going to the rear wheels... that's scarier...

Hell... I don't trust any of our company drivers that much. ;)

If it's a driver-driven car... then the Camry might be a better choice. Generally, I don't like Toyota's suspension tuning, especially when it comes to performance driving, but the Camry's wafty ride isn't bad. Still I like the Accord's combination of comfort and stable handling better.

3.5 out? Awww... c'mon... it'd take about 5-6 years of gas money to make up the price difference to the BMW 320d.

Again, get the one that'll make you smile, be it Camry, 3-series, C-Class or.... hmmm... Chrysler 300C?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    320d. no contest. its one of my simple dream cars that would be available.
    its fully spec up but price is 2.99M
    I think the camry in any variant is a real beauty but diesel cars are for me the future. its fuel efficient, have lots of torque for city driving. Now if only there was a diesel camry. hmmm
    Resale value is probably the same, since i think you will be driving it then it really is no contest. BMW 320d.
    In 3 years time when the price of a liter of gas is over 50 pesos, lets see who will be making the better choice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Toyota Camry 2.4V or BMW 320d