New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by archangel_1911 View Post
    Just wanna share why we got the avanza.

1. Because its a Toyota and the parts and service are readily available anywhere.
    I doubt this since its of of the new engine or new generation engine.

APVs engine is quite old. It came from the Vitara.

If you dont haVE monet to burn for gas, Dont get the APV.
    Alien Predator Versus

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by firsttimemo View Post
    Hi Guyz! First time ko pong magpost d2, but im reading threads for quite a while. Actually i will buy a new AUV next month and Avanza 1.3J or APV ang pinagpipiliaan ko... (Actually nagpost din ako sa avanza thread, hindi ko pala alam na meron nito... sorry po )

Avanza 1.3J - swak naman sa budget kaso yung ammenities like power window, power lock and others are not available. And i have read a comment from othersite (kotse.com / pwede ko bang sabihin ito?)

"with those ammenites... isa lang trip ko ung airbag... almost lahat mabibili mo naman sa banawe or evangelista...

pero kung medyo hesistant ka pa sa avanza pwede mo nmn un ihold... me i'm using both toyota and mitsubishi... kaya medyo okay rin sa akin ung toyota pero di sa nananakot ako ung friend ni misis kasi na naka avanza umakayat ng bagiuo tumirik sa lions head pinababa laht ng pasahero den nag antay sila sa tuktok... yuin lang.... you need to evaluate every car kasi malaking pera and investment yan... " - may katotohanan ba ito?

APV - swak sa din sa budget (especially HS friend ko yung SC from suzuki shaw kaya bargain na ito) kaso bihira kong makita sa kalye, another concern ko eh yung makina na nasa ilalim, long term wise pag-ginawa ang makina dudumi ang loob, and the possibility to tip over kasi sa design, and the single airconditioning ng APV...

Mas tipid sa gas ang Avanza kaysa APV?

Longterm goal and family first (8 kami, 2 adults, 4 teens, 2 kids) ang gusto ko.. which of the two?

Help po mga bossing.. Thanks!
    Madami ng APV nagyon sa kalye. Maluwag talaga ang APV kaya kung 8 kayo tamang tama ang APV kasi good for 8 adults ito who can seat comfortably. The sound of the APV is good too kasi may speaker na siya sa rear. I'm driving a white APV manual right now and happy with its performance. Palalagyan ko na lang ng dual aircon this sept mga 30k. Napamodify ko na din ng konti but I dont have pictures pa ryt now. Madami na kasing Taxi na Avanza ngayon sa daan e.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by firsttimemo View Post
    Sorry na-miss out ko ata yung sa Avanza thread regarding sa baguio escapade, pero ibig sabihin yung avanza 1.3 J mahina sa hatakan lalo na pag-puno? (as said before 8 family members) Pero ang APV naman kasya nga ang 8 pero single aircon lang sya at long term wise medyo hindi na sya ok..
    IMHO kahit anong 1.3L engine (designed for fuel economy) talagang mahihirapan sa akyatan pag maraming sakay. lalu na kung ang degree ng slope ay matarik + ang bigat pa ng sakay, sa tingin ko hindi naman ito design para sa ganito, akyatan. Walong tao? (that's 1.6 times than your regular 1.3L powered car) you need a bigger horepower-gas guzzler engine (madami pa siguro kayong gamit, what an abuse sa car).

Dalawa ang way papuntang baguio, forgot the names (marcos/kennon?), yung isa talagang matarik! - mas okay dun ka na lang pag pauwi, maraming tumitirik dun (paakyat) & tumatalon sa bangin (pababa), dont dare take that path unless you're a skilled driver. Respect that road & respect your car, otherwise sure patay ka. Tapos dun sa hindi gaanong matarik, winding & longer route, dun ka na lang pag paakyat.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Take a look at his figures that I took from the following sites:
    http://www.auto-searchphilippines.com/SuzukiAPV.html
    http://www.toyota.com.ph/cars/new_ca...2006/specs.asp

APV Engine 1.6 liters SOHC
    Avanza J Engine 1.3 liters DOHC VVTi

APV torque 127 Nm * 4,500 rpm
    Avanza J torque 120Nm / 4,400 rpm

APV Engine power 91 hp*5,750 rpm
    Avanza J Engine power 92ps / 6,000 rpm

APV Gross Weight 1,950 Kg
    Avanza J Gross Weight 1,585 kg

Fuel consuption (Km per liter) of the Avanza J is a lot better than the APV. - 11 to 14 Km per liter vs 7 to 9 Km per liter

The APV can seat 8 people comfortably. But the Avanza can accomodate 7.

So if you can fit the same 8 people in the APV to the Avanza J, which vehicle will perform better?

Engine power is almost the same, but take note of the vehicle weight. The Avanza has a better power to weight ratio.

Not because the Avanza J is only has a 1.3 liter engine, you cannot say that it cannot handle the load/capacity that the 1.6 liter engine of the APV.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    Take a look at his figures that I took from the following sites:
    http://www.auto-searchphilippines.com/SuzukiAPV.html
    http://www.toyota.com.ph/cars/new_ca...2006/specs.asp

APV Engine 1.6 liters SOHC
    Avanza J Engine 1.3 liters DOHC VVTi

APV torque 127 Nm * 4,500 rpm
    Avanza J torque 120Nm / 4,400 rpm

APV Engine power 91 hp*5,750 rpm
    Avanza J Engine power 92ps / 6,000 rpm

APV Gross Weight 1,950 Kg
    Avanza J Gross Weight 1,585 kg

Fuel consuption (Km per liter) of the Avanza J is a lot better than the APV. - 11 to 14 Km per liter vs 7 to 9 Km per liter

The APV can seat 8 people comfortably. But the Avanza can accomodate 7.

So if you can fit the same 8 people in the APV to the Avanza J, which vehicle will perform better?

Engine power is almost the same, but take note of the vehicle weight. The Avanza has a better power to weight ratio.

Not because the Avanza J is only has a 1.3 liter engine, you cannot say that it cannot handle the load/capacity that the 1.6 liter engine of the APV.
    Haven't driven an Avanza yet, and drove the APV (A/T) for a limited time only. Seating capacity-wise, the APV trumps the Avanza J. The 8 seats of the APV is more spacious than the Avanza's. The 3rd row does not require me to crouch. My 5'6" 200+ lbs frame fits the APV comfortably (although perhaps relegates it to a 6 seater for full comfort, but that's perhaps another story). Sitting the same way, in the same comfort in a showroom Avanza, for me, can't be done as is. Headroom may be relatively ok, but legroom isn't.

Anyhow, in terms of performance, I've a feeling the Avanza 1.3L MT will do better than an APV 1.6L MT, both with full loads. The 1.6L AT of the test drive unit feels lethargic. The same powerplant was ok on the old JLX Vitara, but I think the transmission of the APV does not do it justice.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXBUWAYA View Post

Locally, the Avanza is about a year old. But I think it has been used in other Asian countries for several years. The local Avanza did not have the steering problem of early generation of the Avanza (or was it a Daihatsu first).

Any way, sa mga avanza users dito sa tsikot, wala pa naman ang may major problem.

If I remember correctly,there is a 1 year old avanza with 25,000 Km+ milage. No reported problem/s.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Bumping for kpy555

:D

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Originally Posted by MAXBUWAYA View Post
    I think ang engine ng avanza is the same as vios. rear wheel drive nga lang sa avanza.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    to be honest dipa me nakakakita ng avanza sa actual (puro pix lang), pero kung hitsura lang ang basehan mas gusto ko sya kesa sa APV.diko kasi mawari ang hitsura ng APV e.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    (or was it a Daihatsu first).
    Correct. The Avanza is also known as the Daihatsu Xenia in other markets. Toyota has had a 51% controlling stake in Daihatsu for a number of years now, since at least 2001 (it may have been longer).

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Toyota Avanza vs. Suzuki APV